Sound Signature: Clip+ vs Cowon E2
May 11, 2010 at 4:06 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

niknik

100+ Head-Fier

Could anyone tell me how they think these two stack up to each other? 
smile_phones.gif

May 11, 2010 at 6:21 PM Post #2 of 6
I would be grateful if anyone reply here. I'm also interested in buying one of this player as my second dap. Maybe someone know how do they compare to cowon s9 or iTouch? Soundwise of course.

May 11, 2010 at 7:26 PM Post #3 of 6
the strange thing is,I looked at cowon website and it says that the approx battery time is 11 hours...even less than the clip+ which holds on very little time playing flac files. it is strange because one of the things that cowon known off is great battery life (my D2 can hold on for days playing flac's without charging).
anyway, i am very interested in listening to the E2 as a competitor to the clip+. the clip is very well balanced sounding and very portable,it has a micro sd slot (which the cowon doesn't) and also comes in bigger capacities to start with (up to 8 giga).  the E2 is a shuflle kind of player and it doesn't even have a screen to it...(does it?) so the clip is much more multi function player.
soundwise, is an interesting question...since I havn't heard the E2 i can't tell,but i own the D2 and i owned the I7 in the past i know that the cowons do sound very good.  but unless the E2 beats the clip+ soundwise (which is not an easy job),the clip is the better option imo.

May 12, 2010 at 5:17 AM Post #4 of 6
Anyone? Come on guys - I know you are sitting out there having trouble getting to the keyboard because of all the DAPs lying in front of you 
L3000.gif

May 15, 2010 at 6:27 PM Post #5 of 6
Soundwise I can't tell the difference between the E2 and the Clip+ both unEQ'd.

The Clip+ has the better sound enhancements with Rockbox, but BBE Viva2 on the E2 is still pretty good.

May 18, 2010 at 5:10 AM Post #6 of 6
There is a direct comparison review at iaudiophile.net (a cowon fan site, be aware).

http://iaudiophile.net/forums/showthread.php?t=34374

ABI has a standalone review:

http://www.anythingbutipod.com/archives/2009/11/cowon-iaudio-e2-review.php

Users who are viewing this thread

Back