Sound Rhyme impression thread
Nov 27, 2023 at 12:57 AM Post #2,176 of 2,519
Upcoming release the 1
12BA & 4 EST
Sound Rhyme PRADO

😘 Lush organic full mids

😘 Vocals that can give you goosbumps

😘 Sub Bass and Mid Bass so beautifully done tastefully, full , and authoritive if in the mix. Not your typical BA Bass I would describe as more Dynamic Driver Organic with excellent texture and add a good measure of release and control speed of a Balanced Armature.

😘 EST implementation is done perfectly to just add into the mix some added crispness and timbre to the upper registers to make things like high hats and cymbal strikes hyper realistic.

😘 Smaller Shells 3D Printed with German Medical Grade Resin on Envisiontec State of the art printers. Shells are small for 14 drivers in there!

😘 Stage for me was also standout 360* 3D

😭 Pressure Build Up is a issue with super sealing tips for me.

😭 Relaxed treble and a darker tuning made me tip/source/cable roll for me to get enough treble to make me happy but in the end Nirvana was achieved!

😭 If supplies cases still the same as old get will get 2 cases you won't /can't use.

😭 Stock shell is kinda understated and custom shell's are not a terrible $45 upcharge but still a upcharge on a IEM this $ should be waived

😭 At lower volumes was missing the Bass and Highs and need some volume to get going.

😭 Audible Break Up at high volumes.

Thanks, those are some very helpful notes on what sound like a new TOTL set!

Nov 27, 2023 at 12:28 PM Post #2,178 of 2,519
Upcoming release the 1
12BA & 4 EST
Sound Rhyme PRADO

😘 Lush organic full mids

😘 Vocals that can give you goosbumps

😘 Sub Bass and Mid Bass so beautifully done tastefully, full , and authoritive if in the mix. Not your typical BA Bass I would describe as more Dynamic Driver Organic with excellent texture and add a good measure of release and control speed of a Balanced Armature.

😘 EST implementation is done perfectly to just add into the mix some added crispness and timbre to the upper registers to make things like high hats and cymbal strikes hyper realistic.

😘 Smaller Shells 3D Printed with German Medical Grade Resin on Envisiontec State of the art printers. Shells are small for 14 drivers in there!

😘 Stage for me was also standout 360* 3D

😭 Pressure Build Up is a issue with super sealing tips for me.

😭 Relaxed treble and a darker tuning made me tip/source/cable roll for me to get enough treble to make me happy but in the end Nirvana was achieved!

😭 If supplies cases still the same as old get will get 2 cases you won't /can't use.

😭 Stock shell is kinda understated and custom shell's are not a terrible $45 upcharge but still a upcharge on a IEM this $ should be waived

😭 At lower volumes was missing the Bass and Highs and need some volume to get going.

😭 Audible Break Up at high volumes.

Interesting set it seems, thank you for your review @ToneDeafMonk!

Is it just me? Sometimes think Sound Rhyme and AüR are fighting a hidden battle, following somewhat the same route (at least for driver configs) with SR being faster for the latest two:

SR8 - NP
DTE900 - Ascension
Prado - Allusion

:joy:

Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 1:09 PM Post #2,179 of 2,519
Interesting set it seems, thank you for your review @ToneDeafMonk!

Is it just me? Sometimes think Sound Rhyme and AüR are fighting a hidden battle, following somewhat the same route (at least for driver configs) with SR being faster for the latest two:

SR8 - NP
DTE900 - Ascension
Prado - Allusion

:joy:

They definitely seem to have some parallels, including the enthusiasm and size of their communities. DTE900 vs Ascension should be an interesting fight. I do think Ascencion CAN be better, but it won't be an easy battle. (not that they are going to sound similar or anything, that doesn't seem to be the case)

Nov 27, 2023 at 6:06 PM Post #2,180 of 2,519
They definitely seem to have some parallels, including the enthusiasm and size of their communities. DTE900 vs Ascension should be an interesting fight. I do think Ascencion CAN be better, but it won't be an easy battle. (not that they are going to sound similar or anything, that doesn't seem to be the case)
I think there’s no winner because what is better for you maybe it’s not for me and vice versa.
Like always tastes, music preferences, source matching make us chose different products

Nov 27, 2023 at 6:29 PM Post #2,181 of 2,519
I was considering purchasing either the Ascension or DTE900 but leaning more towards the DTEs with the talk of the Ascension being lighter on bass.

Am a little concerned about hot upper mids and mid bass bloat based on how the DTEs graph. Those who have had them a while now, are you still liking them? Do you have any issues with these areas of the FR?

Can they still be a good relaxed listen at lower volumes?

Nov 27, 2023 at 8:07 PM Post #2,182 of 2,519
I think there’s no winner because what is better for you maybe it’s not for me and vice versa.
Like always tastes, music preferences, source matching make us chose different products

Winner fights Monarch MK3. :skull:
Alchetron-Scene-from-Gladiator-movie.jpg

Nov 27, 2023 at 8:17 PM Post #2,183 of 2,519
Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 8:21 PM Post #2,184 of 2,519
Nov 27, 2023 at 9:22 PM Post #2,185 of 2,519
DTE900 vs Monarch Mk3

I agree somehow with the opinions made previously by 2 users who had both. I'm quoting here:

A quick comparison from me, is the MMk3 has cleaner mids and better treble extension.

The measurement graphs really are quite indicative of how they differ in sound/tuning.

Just to clarify, whilst the MMK3 is better for me, that doesn’t necessarily mean it’s the case for everyone.

If you enjoy that thicker lush tuning, the DTE900 is a fantastic iem for its price. I doubt there’s anything south of $1k that competes with it - for that tuning style.
by @Danx3k

And

Monarch mk3 have Thinner sounding compare to dte900.

DTE900 has forward sounding compare to Monarch.

For treble, Dte900 is more brighter and monarch is the darker.

And The bass, DTe900 has more weight to the bass, more punchier, and monarch has less impact compared to dte900.

(unknown source)

DTE900 will sounds better with burning (as ToneDeafMonk stated), and I just have ~30h listening time for it. While this Mk3 is already 3 months old.

As for my taste, I prefer the spiciness of DTE900 over the Mk3. I'm not treble-sensitive so the hot treble of DTE900 is really not a problem to me (1-1 switch mode). Mk3 is more laidback. Btw, using the Mk3 cable makes DTE900 sounds slightly better than stock cable. :dt880smile:

Since I'm new to the hobby and don't have the necessary vocabulary, so I can't do a more detailed comparison.

-----

TL;DR: Both are very good iems, and my preference is DTE900.

Attachments

• IMG_20231127_170447.jpg
    IMG_20231127_170447.jpg
    4 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_20231127_171322.jpg
    IMG_20231127_171322.jpg
    439.9 KB · Views: 0
  • photo_2023-11-25_17-47-55.jpg
    photo_2023-11-25_17-47-55.jpg
    92.3 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Nov 27, 2023 at 11:24 PM Post #2,186 of 2,519
Is the Prado still expected to price out around the 2K mark? I've been out of touch w/ this thread for a bit unfortunately...

Nov 28, 2023 at 12:58 AM Post #2,187 of 2,519
Is the Prado still expected to price out around the 2K mark? I've been out of touch w/ this thread for a bit unfortunately...
Had a talk with SR during the week-end while ordering my DTE900. The price will be lower as the rumor says and no definitive pricing has been set now.

Nov 28, 2023 at 2:31 AM Post #2,188 of 2,519
The 2k target price line wouldn't be a good move for the brand, I guess. 🤔

Cause it would be a very bad signal and this isn't their targeted market.

Time will tell. 😉

Last edited:
Nov 28, 2023 at 10:24 AM Post #2,189 of 2,519
Had a talk with SR during the week-end while ordering my DTE900. The price will be lower as the rumor says and no definitive pricing has been set now.

Thanks, good to know... and that's a bit of good news.

Nov 28, 2023 at 5:29 PM Post #2,190 of 2,519
4 days from ordering to shipping custom designed IEMs? Nice performance SR. Now, ready to make these shiny-kitschy beauties sing.

Color up your life
IMG_6071.jpeg

IMG_6070.jpeg

Users who are viewing this thread

Back