Sound Rhyme impression thread
Aug 29, 2023 at 3:35 PM Post #1,862 of 2,541
DTE900 is so much fun, this took me with storm. I bought this as I wanted a tribrid while waiting on AüR Ascension to be launched, its also tribrid but launch is delayed.
Some words about DTE900 with switch up up, I am in the group that prefer even extra low end.

DTE900 is highly resolving, at same time being tuned on the fun side.
Bass is lush and has both great rumble and slam. Be it double cello resonating or a kick drum being hit, it just sound very textured and impactful.
This actually remind me of big tower speakers with large woofers giving you a real good kick, type that makes you smile.
Mids are also full, vocals and instruments has nice presence and clarity. Upper mids is forward but not to much, I can be sensitive to this and this is within my threshold.
Treble is very well done, have nice presence and great clarity. Airy sound to both instruments and vocals, not excessive where it sounds unreal.
Soundstage has a very wide presentation, it feel much more like listening to speakers than just being between your ears. Depth is also good, but overall its more oval sounding to the sides than forward. Also have great separation of the soundstage. (soundstage can be very personal)

Still haven't seen any measurement of DTE900, will be fun to see it. Wonder how much the switches change the sound.

Also done some cable rolling, while the cable in photo sounds very good Gladiator silver palladium being clear and highly resolving. I prefer to go for a solid copper like Effect Audio Ares S 8W or Gladiator Astra Rame, that just adds to the bass and mids richness.

DSCF3441.jpg

Aug 29, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #1,864 of 2,541
Do I understand correctly that DTE900 has the same kind of sound signature as the Neon Pro?
Did some short comparing today. I would say DTE900 is more U shaped than what Neon Pro is. Both have full bass, mids and treble, and both sound different. Some to tuning I guess and some to one being all BA and the other DD BA EST.
Its hard to compare, I admit that.
Going to compare some more in the weekend, one thing for sure 10th and EST50 is not this good.

Doesn't matter what music I put on, all sounds good. So far I have focused mostly on metal, rock and acoustic music, last day and today more electronica.

But DTE900 owners try some psy music here, the bass and overall timbre is so addicting. Its hard to stop listening.

Aug 29, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #1,865 of 2,541
Do I understand correctly that DTE900 has the same kind of sound signature as the Neon Pro?
All these SoundRhyme-Aur IEMs use the same initial tuning - the one used in QDC Anole VX, change the driver configuration and count and try to produce something similar emphasising in each implementation in a different part of the frequency spectrum.
The count, type and quality of the drivers used allows them to cover a wide range of prices. Only a direct A-B comparison using something like the dual headphone output of a chord mojo can really reveal their differences in detail.
So unless you plan to buy them all, as I have, choose a price that seems appropriate to you and get one (SR7 has I think the best price to performance ratio).
That is if you choose to go the QDC tuning way.
There are also quite a few other IEMs that can provide similar levels of listening satisfaction with slightly different tuning (some SA6 variant, AFUL 8 etc).

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 1:13 AM Post #1,867 of 2,541
So, after about 30 hours on the DTE900's, I'm really impressed. They've got a similar tuning to the SR7's, but they do everything better and really take things to another level. The bass is a standout – it's full, tight, seamless and hits you with impact. The mids are smooth, layered, and just perfect. And then, there are the highs – they're on a whole different level. I mean, I've never heard highs like this before – they're clear, silky, detailed wow! Folks with keener ears are sure to spot some flaws when reviewing this set, but personally, I think I'm good :) The DTE900's will do the job considering their cost, killer bass, silky mids, and highs – they're elevating my music and they're not even broken in yet. I think these are definitely worth a look.

highs:
mids:
bass:

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 1:46 AM Post #1,868 of 2,541
So, after about 30 hours on the DTE900's, I'm really impressed. They've got a similar tuning to the SR7's, but they do everything better and really take things to another level. The bass is a standout – it's full, tight, seamless and hits you with impact. The mids are smooth, layered, and just perfect. And then, there are the highs – they're on a whole different level. I mean, I've never heard highs like this before – they're clear, silky, detailed wow! Folks with keener ears are sure to spot some flaws when reviewing this set, but personally, I think I'm good :) The DTE900's will do the job considering their cost, killer bass, silky mids, and highs – they're elevating my music and they're not even broken in yet. I think these are definitely worth a look.

highs:
mids:
bass:

Nice to see more impressions out there, when your almost alone you start to doubt if it's yourself just being hyped over new toy.

But this is something else, having a hard time focusing on two review duties now. DTE900 pulls me in instead 😅

Aug 30, 2023 at 6:46 AM Post #1,869 of 2,541
Finally my DTE900 arrived in my country, i hope will be delivered tomorrow or Friday!

Aug 30, 2023 at 8:03 AM Post #1,870 of 2,541
DTE900 is so much fun, this took me with storm. I bought this as I wanted a tribrid while waiting on AüR Ascension to be launched, its also tribrid but launch is delayed.
Some words about DTE900 with switch up up, I am in the group that prefer even extra low end.

DTE900 is highly resolving, at same time being tuned on the fun side.
Bass is lush and has both great rumble and slam. Be it double cello resonating or a kick drum being hit, it just sound very textured and impactful.
This actually remind me of big tower speakers with large woofers giving you a real good kick, type that makes you smile.
Mids are also full, vocals and instruments has nice presence and clarity. Upper mids is forward but not to much, I can be sensitive to this and this is within my threshold.
Treble is very well done, have nice presence and great clarity. Airy sound to both instruments and vocals, not excessive where it sounds unreal.
Soundstage has a very wide presentation, it feel much more like listening to speakers than just being between your ears. Depth is also good, but overall its more oval sounding to the sides than forward. Also have great separation of the soundstage. (soundstage can be very personal)

Still haven't seen any measurement of DTE900, will be fun to see it. Wonder how much the switches change the sound.

Also done some cable rolling, while the cable in photo sounds very good Gladiator silver palladium being clear and highly resolving. I prefer to go for a solid copper like Effect Audio Ares S 8W or Gladiator Astra Rame, that just adds to the bass and mids richness.

How would you describe the bass compared to the IMR BC? Is it close/comparable?
Looking for an combination of my Kinera Baldr and IMR Avalon.

Hight/mids/details/stage from the Baldr and the bass from Avalon.

Could the DTE900 give me that combination?

What do you think? Even not knowing both IEM but you have much more experience with dif. IEMs than me.😉
Thanks!

Aug 30, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #1,871 of 2,541
How would you describe the bass compared to the IMR BC? Is it close/comparable?
Looking for an combination of my Kinera Baldr and IMR Avalon.

Hight/mids/details/stage from the Baldr and the bass from Avalon.

Could the DTE900 give me that combination?

What do you think? Even not knowing both IEM but you have much more experience with dif. IEMs than me.😉
Thanks!
Good question can test later in the week, BC2023 has visceral fast bass with insane slam 😁

Aug 30, 2023 at 8:47 AM Post #1,872 of 2,541
Aug 30, 2023 at 10:11 AM Post #1,873 of 2,541
Did some short comparing today. I would say DTE900 is more U shaped than what Neon Pro is. Both have full bass, mids and treble, and both sound different. Some to tuning I guess and some to one being all BA and the other DD BA EST.
Its hard to compare, I admit that.
Going to compare some more in the weekend, one thing for sure 10th and EST50 is not this good.

Doesn't matter what music I put on, all sounds good. So far I have focused mostly on metal, rock and acoustic music, last day and today more electronica.

But DTE900 owners try some psy music here, the bass and overall timbre is so addicting. Its hard to stop listening.
Congratulations on your description 😉.
I am very interested in the given your first positive feedback 🤤.
May I take advantage and ask you for a quick comparison with penon serial?
Thank you in advance.

Last edited:
Aug 30, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #1,874 of 2,541
Congratulations on your description 😉.
I am very interested in the given your first positive feedback 🤤.
May I take advantage and ask you for a quick comparison with penon serial?
Thank you in advance.
Serial is very different. Slower sounding, not as energetic and visceral in the presentation of music. Darker and mire analogue sounding.
Serial is very unique in its way where you don't use it to pick apart music, more to just relax down and enjoy.

They are both totally worth owning, and is complementary to each other.

Aug 30, 2023 at 10:39 AM Post #1,875 of 2,541
Serial is very different. Slower sounding, not as energetic and visceral in the presentation of music. Darker and mire analogue sounding.
Serial is very unique in its way where you don't use it to pick apart music, more to just relax down and enjoy.

They are both totally worth owning, and is complementary to each other.
Thank you very much for your explanation.
I will be getting penon serials soon and I am really curious to listen to them,but anyway I am also very hot to try the dte900s 🤤.
I will then have to find a place for my beloved Oriolus Szalayi, but for that we will see 😉.
Thanks again

Users who are viewing this thread

Back