Sound Rhyme impression thread
Aug 16, 2023 at 10:32 PM Post #1,772 of 2,541
An important piece of information from the SR8, very open mouthpiece tips as is the case with the Tri Clarion, can ruin the sound experience with the IEM, leaving the mid-bass bloated, I don't recommend it. Here's the tip to everyone who owns the SR8.
the tips I recommend without a doubt are the Tangzu Sancai.

link

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mK9Zvlg

Aug 17, 2023 at 2:37 AM Post #1,773 of 2,541
I’ve been listening to the DTE500 today. I like them a lot. Nice bass punch, but definitely not a basshead IEM. Pretty good soundstage, one of the best I’ve heard in this price range. The vocals sound excellent. I’ve seen some of the reviews raving about the treble and I can definitely get behind that, its excellent, clean and crisp, and extended. Very well implemented.

I prefer this to the Variations, it's got a fuller sound and bigger stage. The variations has it beat in subbass though.

Compared to the SR8 it's priced appropriately, the SR8 is better but the soundrhyme house sound keeps things relatively similar. The DTE500 DD has more bass presence. But I wouldn’t say the bass is louder or much more quantity. But it hits harder. Similar bass quality.

SR8 is wider, more layered, and more holographic. Doesn’t mean the DTE500 is bad but it's outcompeted here. The SR8 has such a unique relaxed smoothness to it.

The only negative I’ve heard so far is at extremely loud volumes on super busy tracks it starts to lose coherency a little. But this happens on most IEMs for me.

Overall I’d say the DTE500 is pretty damn good all-rounder though. It’s played everything well so far!
A very relevant evaluation, and after listening, I feel that I have benefited a lot. Recently, they have released a new product called DTE900, which also looks very good.

Aug 17, 2023 at 3:16 AM Post #1,774 of 2,541
So, after purchasing my dte900 from penon last week (with the default design/shell) I decided to order a custom design SR8 with Sound Rhyme directly. I initially discussed my DTE900 order I had penon with them, before placing the SR8 order.

I considered a few designs but decided I wanted it with the same appearance as the Anole VX, as it looks so elegant, premium and classy in my opinion. So Sound Rhyme agreed to this, I also asked for the SR logo to be matte not shiny silver and only the logo to be on each iem faceplate and not the “Sound Rhyme” wording.

The iem was finished this morning but unfortunately they confused my order and made me a DTE900 by mistake.

Obviously after realising their error they’re going to make me the SR8.

I’d love to take it and order something different for the SR8, but my DTE900 is already with my local courier and due to be delivered today or tomorrow, so I don’t want two of the same iem’s, nor can I afford it!

However I said I’d post the images Incase anyone would like this DTE900. The bonus is, it’s a custom design and ready to ship right now.

If you’re interested, contact Sound Rhyme on AliExpress:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPV1slG

Attachments

• IMG_0374.jpeg
    IMG_0374.jpeg
    180.5 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0373.jpeg
    IMG_0373.jpeg
    160.1 KB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0372.jpeg
    IMG_0372.jpeg
    211.4 KB · Views: 0
Last edited:
Aug 17, 2023 at 10:28 AM Post #1,775 of 2,541
So, after purchasing my dte900 from penon last week (with the default design/shell) I decided to order a custom design SR8 with Sound Rhyme directly. I initially discussed my DTE900 order I had penon with them, before placing the SR8 order.

I considered a few designs but decided I wanted it with the same appearance as the Anole VX, as it looks so elegant, premium and classy in my opinion. So Sound Rhyme agreed to this, I also asked for the SR logo to be matte not shiny silver and only the logo to be on each iem faceplate and not the “Sound Rhyme” wording.

The iem was finished this morning but unfortunately they confused my order and made me a DTE900 by mistake.

Obviously after realising their error they’re going to make me the SR8.

I’d love to take it and order something different for the SR8, but my DTE900 is already with my local courier and due to be delivered today or tomorrow, so I don’t want two of the same iem’s, nor can I afford it!

However I said I’d post the images Incase anyone would like this DTE900. The bonus is, it’s a custom design and ready to ship right now.

If you’re interested, contact Sound Rhyme on AliExpress:

https://a.aliexpress.com/_mPV1slG
Wow looks amazing tbh!!

Aug 18, 2023 at 7:48 AM Post #1,778 of 2,541
Aug 18, 2023 at 9:18 AM Post #1,781 of 2,541
Look what’s turned up 👀

Attachments

• IMG_0381.jpeg
    IMG_0381.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 0
  • IMG_0383.jpeg
    IMG_0383.jpeg
    371.7 KB · Views: 0
Aug 18, 2023 at 9:48 AM Post #1,784 of 2,541
So just from really early impressions, I really like it.

Firstly the nozzle goes quite far in, not quite as far as my etys but way further than my other iem’s I’ve had. It does provide a really snug secure fit though once in, just feels odd at first and almost intrusive. I've also had to use a size smaller than what I would typically use. I'm finding the large dunu S&S tips work perfectly for me with this iem.

They sound very dynamic and punchy, very typical of what you would expect from the fr.

A/B'ing with my 10AE, it lacks the organic almost analog/warmish sound of the 10AE which makes to so seductive, but other than that I'd say the dte900 has better resolution, separation and detail. It also has a slightly bigger sound stage I feel too and feels more airy up top. They do sound more energetic than the 10AE, so that's something to be aware of.

It has really good bass too. I can’t say which has better bass yet, as the 10ae got better after burn in. But I can tell you if you like bass you won’t be disappointed.

These are just my early thoughts, I’m also very much a notice in this hobby, so take what i say with a bit of caution.

Last edited:
Aug 18, 2023 at 11:14 AM Post #1,785 of 2,541
Have any of you had a chance to listen to DTE900 or SR8 and also Betastur ? Differences ???

I compared Butastur and SR8 very briefly(and so did Ian91) on the first page of the Butastur thread, if that helps. To my ears, Butastur is just at a higher tier compared to SR8. Although, the bass switch of the SR8 offers more of a dramatic change than that of the Butastur's bass switch, so I'd say the SR8 is more versatile. SR8 can be laid back and relaxed, or it can be exciting with big-ish bass and bright treble. (I have been using SR8 in 1-1, since 0-0 makes it too similar to Aurora, and I listen to both pretty frequently)

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back