Sound Rhyme impression thread
Aug 14, 2023 at 4:05 PM Post #1,741 of 2,540
Aful's new flagship was shown at some shows. But the overlap of people who have listened to them, and have also listened to the DTE900's will be very, very small
I haven’t seen anyone post impressions for either yet. It would be nice to hear some impressions for either of them.

Aug 14, 2023 at 4:10 PM Post #1,742 of 2,540
Welcome! :L3000: Did you try the SR8 already? I hope they aren't offering the old version of DTE900 on AE.
Not yet since I own the NP, like the energetic nature of NP so I skipped SR8. The old version looked different than the new both in design of faceplate and shell.

Aug 14, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #1,743 of 2,540
Night oblivion seems to be better than everything around??
Am I right??

There are only a tiny handful of impressions out there even if you include those from the Japanese community - hardly a large enough sample size to make any declarative statements.

My camera oversaturated the colours abit, I am really not sure whether it is insect wings or rice husks. But they do look more like wings to me personally...

Usually when people post their custom SR8, I feel that distinct twinge of regret that I got the default design, but that is not the case after seeing yours haha. It would be perfect for an entomologist! I'm just joking of course...I wouldn't let it bug you.

Aug 14, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #1,744 of 2,540
Wanted to share with you my experience from using an 18 ohm impedance adapter for my Sound Rhyme SR5 iem’s.

I’ve had the SR5 for a couple of months, and I think they’re amazing.

However, I still (after burn-in) think that they sometimes are a tad bit to bright, and that they’re lacking a little bit of bass.

I then heard, that using an 18 ohm impedance adapter would tame the highs and boost the bass.

After listening to the SR5 with the impedance adapter for a while, I have mixed emotions.

The impedance adapter do tame the highs, but from my point of view, a little to much. They became much warmer, but lost the sparkle that i like.

The adapter also boost the bass, but a little bit to much causing the SR5 too be almost boomy.

I’ve concluded that I’ll stick to using them without the adapter, but adding bass by switching on the XBASS feature on the IFI GO Blu that they’re connected to.

Aug 14, 2023 at 5:31 PM Post #1,745 of 2,540
Wanted to share with you my experience from using an 18 ohm impedance adapter for my Sound Rhyme SR5 iem’s.

I’ve had the SR5 for a couple of months, and I think they’re amazing.

However, I still (after burn-in) think that they sometimes are a tad bit to bright, and that they’re lacking a little bit of bass.

I then heard, that using an 18 ohm impedance adapter would tame the highs and boost the bass.

After listening to the SR5 with the impedance adapter for a while, I have mixed emotions.

The impedance adapter do tame the highs, but from my point of view, a little to much. They became much warmer, but lost the sparkle that i like.

The adapter also boost the bass, but a little bit to much causing the SR5 too be almost boomy.

I’ve concluded that I’ll stick to using them without the adapter, but adding bass by switching on the XBASS feature on the IFI GO Blu that they’re connected to.
You could try using an adapter with a different impedance, though they are pretty rare for some reason

The only one I know below 18 Ohm is the 10 Ohm one, that comes with this Crinacle collab IEM https://shenzhenaudio.com/products/...ero-red-dual-dynamic-drivers-in-ear-headphone

Aug 14, 2023 at 5:37 PM Post #1,746 of 2,540
Aug 14, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #1,747 of 2,540
The new Aful flagship hasn’t been released yet, I don’t think anyone’s heard it.
More than one listened it at the HK show last week, @nocturne19 posted his impression on Wartercooler thread 😉

IMG_7605.jpeg
IMG_7606.jpeg

Aug 14, 2023 at 7:55 PM Post #1,748 of 2,540
More than one listened it at the HK show last week, @nocturne19 posted his impression on Wartercooler thread 😉

IMG_7605.jpegIMG_7606.jpeg
Aful Blue (14BA):
Tuning: Neutral + Bass boost. Bass has good slam, Highs are smooth yet extended.
Technicalities: Excellent. 3D soundstage, good resolution, staging and dynamics. Could be smoother though.

Aful Green (1BA):
Tuning: Neutral. Best timbre I have heard on single BA iems.
Technicalities: Great as a single BA. Impressive dynamics.

Aug 14, 2023 at 10:15 PM Post #1,750 of 2,540
That’s a bold statement, I don’t think you can say it’s “better than everything around” it’s quite subjective, but the people who bought them early so seem to be very impressed with them.

There’s a thread dedicate to the butastur, so it would be a better place to ask about it.

The DTE900 only started being dispatched today, from what I hear. I’m not aware of anyone who got a set early so far, but I could be wrong. The new Aful flagship hasn’t been released yet, I don’t think anyone’s heard it.
I had the dte900 OG.

Aug 15, 2023 at 5:49 AM Post #1,752 of 2,540
There are only a tiny handful of impressions out there even if you include those from the Japanese community - hardly a large enough sample size to make any declarative statements.

Usually when people post their custom SR8, I feel that distinct twinge of regret that I got the default design, but that is not the case after seeing yours haha. It would be perfect for an entomologist! I'm just joking of course...I wouldn't let it bug you.
Agreed.
Specially every particular set will not perform exactly the same.
Correct me if I am wrong, you gave your impressions that night oblivion is better in almost every aspect compared to sr8!!!

Aug 15, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #1,753 of 2,540
Deleted. Original post changed

Last edited:
Aug 15, 2023 at 4:34 PM Post #1,755 of 2,540
DTE900 ordered... I sure couldn't resist that very long.

I can’t deny how hard it is to resist… but resist I will 😬 at least for now!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back