Sound Rhyme impression thread
Jul 25, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #1,651 of 2,540
Oh! What about Tangzu Zetian Wu? I can't decide to choose a planar IEM for heavy styles of the music.
Now I'm using Shozy B2 and LZ A7.
I listen to a lot of rock and metal and the Zetian Wu is probably one of my favorite IEMs. Plenty of treble sparkle without being fatiguing and provides enough bass to give drums plenty of impact. It's getting harder and harder to find the OG and I unfortunately haven't heard the Heyday so I can't comment on that one, although I've heard that it performs similarly with some slight tuning differences.

Jul 25, 2023 at 5:09 PM Post #1,652 of 2,540
I listen to a lot of rock and metal and the Zetian Wu is probably one of my favorite IEMs. Plenty of treble sparkle without being fatiguing and provides enough bass to give drums plenty of impact. It's getting harder and harder to find the OG and I unfortunately haven't heard the Heyday so I can't comment on that one, although I've heard that it performs similarly with some slight tuning differences.
Tangzu Zeitan Wu Heiday https://a.aliexpress.com/_mrfUNMm

Tangzu Zeitan Wu
https://a.aliexpress.com/_mOQcoIe

Jul 26, 2023 at 2:07 AM Post #1,653 of 2,540
For me it goes Tangzu Sancai > H570 > Spinfit W1. The H570 is probably technically the best sounding but in my ears the pressure buildup is a bit much for longer sessions. The Sancai are super comfortable and I still get a great seal without feeling like I'm losing too much in terms of sound quality. The W1's have the most affect on the sound but are still great.
What size of h570 is good compared to spinfit cp

Jul 26, 2023 at 4:18 PM Post #1,654 of 2,540
What size of h570 is good compared to spinfit cp
I use a large H570 and find the fit similar to all of the large spinfits I have. I haven't busted out the CP145s in a while but as I recall I use a large for those too. I do find you get deeper insertion with the H570 though since the stem is a bit shorter than the W1 stems.

Jul 27, 2023 at 1:06 AM Post #1,655 of 2,540
After ~150 hours of burn-in, the SR7's have really opened up.
Jamming out to some Zeppelin tonight and am enjoying the lush, velvety presentation I am hearing!
I can definitely say that this set is a winner!
:thumbsup:

Last edited:
Jul 27, 2023 at 2:06 AM Post #1,656 of 2,540
Easily in my top 5 I have heard this year.
The SR7 is quite a looker, too.
I usually am keeping the bass switch off, but it makes EDM and Hip-Hop very fun.
Back to the tunes...

1690438225581.png

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 10:14 AM Post #1,657 of 2,540
Long time lurker here, couldn't resist getting the SR8. I will be getting them as soon as Monday!
The comments from you guys just made me that curious!

Jul 28, 2023 at 10:33 AM Post #1,659 of 2,540
It's amazing how they managed to ship my custom designed SR8 only after 7 days. Hats off to the manufacturing team. My worst wait for something custom is probably 7 months disregarding shipping.

Jul 28, 2023 at 11:36 AM Post #1,660 of 2,540
In a few weeks I am going to compare the Kiwi Ears Quintet with the SR5. Two very different IEMs but I will still compare them. It would be so amazing if the Quintet has better details and separation.

It's got a planar and piezo driver inside so I would say it's gonna be faster then the SR5.
Hello there again! 🤗

The Quintet has a more lean bass then the SR5. That's what I noticed right away. Quintet has a lot further extended treble and sounds brighter.

Strong and thick mids are the area in which the SR5 wins. Quintet has more typical chifi mids like you would usually expect. Both of them can be very well equalized which is a bonus. The Quintet is a little harder to drive and really improves it's sound when driven by a hybrid amplifier which is typical behavior for planar in ears.

Quintet is recommended for fans of planar treble. This in ear is pure planar treble since the frequency range is mostly serviced by the other drivers, leaving the planar driver for the treble. Very fast, smooth and detailed treble. Micro detail is not emphasized like in a DD+BA combo. SR5 is a highly resolving IEM with typical BA treble that makes details stand out.

Imaging and separation are very good on both sets but the Quintet is much better. The treble on the quintet sounds so good that I'm happy with this set as my endgame. The treble is so detailed that I have no need for any new IEM with a balanced driver. I simply prefer how guitars sound on a planar hybrid. The fit of the quintet is a downside but I can use my Dunu S&S tips much easier. These tips are a massive upgrade for this IEM that transforms it's soundstage into a super huge stage with top imaging. S&S tips shape the treble perfectly.

My Quintet is driven by a desktop setup consisting of a Jitterbug -> Cayin RU6 > Xduoo MT-602 > JDS Atom amp > 4.4mm to 3.5mm adapter > ISN S16 4.4mm cable > Quintet.

Jul 28, 2023 at 1:45 PM Post #1,661 of 2,540
Jul 28, 2023 at 6:37 PM Post #1,662 of 2,540
My custom SR8 just arrived !

1000057258.jpg

1000057259.jpg

(Nicely paired with the NiceHCK Season cable)

So far, I'm loving it! Extremely detailed and still pretty fun with nice mid-bass impact (not overly done, just the right amount) and very clean (I mean, crystal clear) vocals. Nice and "big" (for an IEM (my Arya is still larger 😅)) soundstage too.
Will post more impressions and compare it with my EJ07M in the next few days.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 6:40 PM Post #1,663 of 2,540
SR7
My custom SR8 just arrived !

(Nicely paired with the NiceHCK Season cable)

So far, I'm loving it! Extremely detailed and still pretty fun with nice mid-bass impact (not overly done, just the right amount) and very clean (I mean, crystal clear) vocals.
Will post more impressions and compare it with my EJ07M in the next few days.
Looks awesome!
I am about to start a listening session with the SR7 and my Cayin RU7.
IMHO, this combination has outstanding synergy.
The velvety nature of the SR7 is taken to the next level with the silky RU7.
070 Shake's voice has never sounded so good!
Like buttah, baby...
:)

EDIT: Just realized it's a 7-7-070 kinda night!

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 6:41 PM Post #1,664 of 2,540
SR7

Looks awesome. I am about to start a listening session with the SR7 and my Cayin RU7. Really a great combo.
070 Shake's voice has never sounded so good!
:)

Guilty Conscience is a banger.

Also, those SR8s are gorgeous! Like the Anole VX, except they look less like plastic bags.

Last edited:
Jul 28, 2023 at 6:47 PM Post #1,665 of 2,540
Guilty Conscience is a banger.

Also, those SR8s are gorgeous! Like the Anole VX, except they look less like plastic bags.
My idea was a "Blue Anole VX" 👍👌
The Sound Rhyme production team nailed !

Users who are viewing this thread

Back