Sound Rhyme impression thread
Jul 25, 2023 at 6:05 AM Post #1,621 of 2,540
How would you describe the sound of the Tangzu Sancai tips?
Pretty close to the sound of the Tri Clarion. Clean without being cold or to bright, the bass is fast. The reason why I prefer them to the Clarion it's only because they are more comfortable to me.

PS: what cable and tips are you using with the SR5 right now?

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 6:07 AM Post #1,622 of 2,540
I don't like BlackSoul due to too soft bass. MeetAlice gives tighter bass and is my favorite cable from NiceHCK.
Obviously the sound is much colder.
I have the MeetAlice but didn't try it with the SR5.
To my ears the NiceHCK BlackSoul pairs very well with the SR5, and with the Sancai eartips... If the tips were others my opinion might change.

Last edited:
Jul 25, 2023 at 6:28 AM Post #1,623 of 2,540
I have the MeetAlice but didn't try it with the SR5.
To my ears the NiceHCK BlackSoul pairs very nice with the SR5, and with the Sancai eartips... If the tips were others my opinion might change
BlackSoul with SR5 reduces transparency and resolution, makes the bass softer, IMHO.

Jul 25, 2023 at 6:32 AM Post #1,625 of 2,540
Jul 25, 2023 at 6:43 AM Post #1,627 of 2,540
Oh yeah I remember, but it's so expensive 🥲
Yes, it is. I just have trying my different cables with SR5 and got better bundle.
In case of MeetAlice you must be ready to get more cold sound with decent details, clarity and resolution. And bass - tighter and more punchy. Treble will get less overtones.

Jul 25, 2023 at 7:12 AM Post #1,628 of 2,540
Yes, it is. I just have trying my different cables with SR5 and got better bundle.
In case of MeetAlice you must be ready to get more cold sound with decent details, clarity and resolution. And bass - tighter and more punchy. Treble will get less overtones.
Hum... Depends on the track I'm listening... First I was listening Iron Maiden's Rime Of The Ancient Mariner and with the MeetAlice the music sounded cleaner with more detail without being arsh. Now I'm listening Guano Ape's Proud like a God and it's to much treble...

Jul 25, 2023 at 7:31 AM Post #1,629 of 2,540
Hum... Depends on the track I'm listening... First I was listening Iron Maiden's Rime Of The Ancient Mariner and with the MeetAlice the music sounded cleaner with more detail without being arsh. Now I'm listening Guano Ape's Proud like a God and it's to much treble...
Results of experiments depend on source also. I love to listen to SR5 with RU6.

Jul 25, 2023 at 7:35 AM Post #1,630 of 2,540
Pretty close to the sound of the Tri Clarion. Clean without being cold or to bright, the bass is fast. The reason why I prefer them to the Clarion it's only because they are more comfortable to me.

PS: what cable and tips are you using with the SR5 right now?
SpinFit cp100+ L and a kbear chord cable. My new main IEM is the quintet now.

Jul 25, 2023 at 9:10 AM Post #1,634 of 2,540
I'm using an M11S... I don't know what's the sound profile of the RU6, but the M11S is neutral
Cayin RU6 has smooth profile, without emphasis on bass or treble. It can be named "mid-centered". Such tuning is very good for natural/live music as well as jazz and fusion.
Frankly I don't use SR5 for metal music.

Jul 25, 2023 at 9:13 AM Post #1,635 of 2,540
Cayin RU6 has smooth profile, without emphasis on bass or treble. It can be named "mid-centered". Such tuning is very good for natural/live music as well as jazz and fusion.
Frankly I don't use SR5 for metal music.
It's a good IEM for metal... But know I'm listening my Timeless OG and it's even better 😏

Users who are viewing this thread

Back