Sound Quality -- Sony MDR XB60EX vs Sony MDR XB70AP Which one is better?
Oct 1, 2014 at 1:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

harryrupam

New Head-Fier
As I'm planning to buy either of these IEMs, I want a suggestion about their SQ. Which one sounds better? I own two pairs of Sennheiser CX180 and Sennheiser HD449.. I'm happy with two of those but the 449s sounds far better while plugged into my PC than plugged to my Mobile/Tablet.. Now I'm planning to buy a good IEM with decent bass within $57 price range.. Any suggestion about other IEMs is well appreciated but my primary enquiry is about the SQ of these two Sony IEMs.. which one has better sound quality?

Oct 1, 2014 at 10:30 PM Post #2 of 2
  As I'm planning to buy either of these IEMs, I want a suggestion about their SQ. Which one sounds better? I own two pairs of Sennheiser CX180 and Sennheiser HD449.. I'm happy with two of those but the 449s sounds far better while plugged into my PC than plugged to my Mobile/Tablet.. Now I'm planning to buy a good IEM with decent bass within $57 price range.. Any suggestion about other IEMs is well appreciated but my primary enquiry is about the SQ of these two Sony IEMs.. which one has better sound quality?

General consensus has been that the new XB70 sounds inferior to its predecessor. You can find quite a bit of feedback scattered throughout the site. If you like massive bass and a near complete lack of mids (according to the comments), then go for the 70.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back