Sound Quality: Rocoo-A or S:Flo2, What to buy (for ATH-CK10)?
Apr 25, 2010 at 5:26 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 13

JohnD

New Head-Fier
Need a player for lossless sound only, never video, etc. Don't need sophisticated library tools or interface. Just a player.

Both candidates have significant cons: Rocoo-A - 4Gb only, S:Flo2 is large (already too much stuff in my pockets, I hate to wear anything on my belt) and there are production delays.

So the choice will be done based on sound quality only.

Please, advise!

P.S. Currently I use Audio-Technica ATH CK10, Genres: classical music (mostly piano, but everything else is too), classical opera (I prefer voices from dramatic soprano and down), jazz (mainly vocal), vocal blues and close –gospel, soul. Other genres – about never.

Apr 25, 2010 at 6:56 PM Post #2 of 13
Wow, it's lovely to see a person with same interest in classical music
biggrin.gif

I haven't listened to both rocoo and t51, so cannot help you.
However, since ck10 is a little bit light on bass, you should buy a dap to compensate
biggrin.gif

ck10 is also easy to pull and has high sensivity, so perhaps dap with strong output like rocoo is not optimal.

Apr 25, 2010 at 7:01 PM Post #3 of 13
Sflo2, AMP3 Pro or X1060........

Apr 26, 2010 at 1:39 AM Post #6 of 13
Since you are asking about those two players, here is my two cents on both:

The Rocoo isn't a bad player per se, but it hisses a lot and is very loud even from the lowest volume setting. If you don't mind that, go ahead. The S:Flo also drives the earphones better (fewer artefacts, better bass resolution).

But, the S:Flo has some pretty serious treble dampening in there - not sure why. You could EQ it a bit, but best to know what you will face. Smooth sound - S:Flo; exciting sound: Rocoo

Apr 26, 2010 at 5:06 AM Post #7 of 13
Quote:

Originally Posted by shigzeo /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Since you are asking about those two players, here is my two cents on both:

The Rocoo isn't a bad player per se, but it hisses a lot and is very loud even from the lowest volume setting. If you don't mind that, go ahead. The S:Flo also drives the earphones better (fewer artefacts, better bass resolution).

But, the S:Flo has some pretty serious treble dampening in there - not sure why. You could EQ it a bit, but best to know what you will face. Smooth sound - S:Flo; exciting sound: Rocoo

x2 on the smooth sound. However coupled with the Rx for the oomph in bass and the 3Xs it makes for a very pleasant, lush experience
smily_headphones1.gif

I highly recommend the player though. But if it's too big you might want to look at the Clip+

Nov 12, 2010 at 8:21 PM Post #8 of 13
Quote:

So it has treble dampening and an eq that only goes up to 6kHz?  =/

Nov 12, 2010 at 11:14 PM Post #12 of 13

Users who are viewing this thread

Back