sound quality of iriver h120 vs ipod v5 vs X5
Nov 2, 2005 at 8:59 PM Post #3 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by blueice
Anyone willing to comment on this?

are we talking line out or jack out?

I dont there the comparison are done. Personally I go with ipod but I have been in bed with them for awhile.

Nov 2, 2005 at 9:59 PM Post #4 of 9
I have never personally heard the X5 myelf, but it is supposed to sound great from what I read about it

but, I do own a H120, and did briefly mess with a friends 5G iPod today. using my super.fi 3's, I liked the H120 a little more

Nov 2, 2005 at 11:51 PM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by chrisfromalbany
are we talking line out or jack out?

I dont there the comparison are done. Personally I go with ipod but I have been in bed with them for awhile.

if possible, i like a comparison of sound quality of all three players in both headphone out and lineout amped. i owned a h120 but the new ipod just look so damn sexy.

Nov 3, 2005 at 12:07 AM Post #6 of 9
It would be great if a Pocketdock for the ipod was included in the comparison as well. Sure, it's an extra $30 for the ipod; but just take that into comparison with everything else.

Nov 3, 2005 at 3:01 PM Post #7 of 9
i had the x5 for half a year and i like its sound better than the 5g ipod i own right now.

i only used them with shure e5s and the new ipod still sounds too sterile for me. i miss the fun i had with my x5.

Nov 3, 2005 at 3:23 PM Post #8 of 9
I can't compare the new ipod, but the h120 and x5 sound pretty equal to me. Unfortunately for the h120, I hear a great deal of hiss with my UE10pro's. I don't hear any hiss with my A8's, so it's probrably an impedence issue.

I do think think the h120 w/rockbox is a better player overall.

Nov 3, 2005 at 6:06 PM Post #9 of 9
I had the X5 but got rid of it because of one very unforgivable flaw. The overall sound of the X5 is okay, but the mids are noticeably attenuated when compared to other mp3 players. Moreover, I could not get the mids to sound right even with equalizining. You may not notice it if you only have the X5, but it is very noticeable if you have an ipod on hand.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back