sound quality of ipod mini vs ipod
Mar 15, 2005 at 2:02 AM Post #3 of 8
The Mini 1G and iPod 3G use the same chipset; the 4G a different one. I personally like the SQ of the Mini (as long as you do not activate the EQ). Also the 1G Mini uses the very durable and expensive Hitachi Microdrive; the Mini 2G uses the less expensive and questionable seagate drive.

Mar 15, 2005 at 2:48 AM Post #4 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
the Mini 2G uses the less expensive and questionable seagate drive.

i highly doubt there will be any problems.

Mar 15, 2005 at 2:52 AM Post #5 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by fr4c
i highly doubt there will be any problems.

I dont know, you know how much of a no-name brand seagate is...

sarcasm

Mar 15, 2005 at 3:21 AM Post #6 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by Cyclone
I dont know, you know how much of a no-name brand seagate is...

I know...I know, but I guess it's just relative: IBM makes the first Microdrive (340MB), get's a well established reputation, then sells the division off to Hitachi. I have had a good deal more issues with Seagate drives (I'm in the business of using HDDs for Digital Video Storage).

Mar 15, 2005 at 3:28 AM Post #7 of 8
Quote:

Originally Posted by stevesurf
I know...I know, but I guess it's just relative: IBM makes the first Microdrive (340MB), get's a well established reputation, then sells the division off to Hitachi. I have had a good deal more issues with Seagate drives (I'm in the business of using HDDs for Digital Video Storage).

Really? Out of all the computer repairs that my dad and i have done we have come across about 3 actuall HD failures. Im calling a failure a physical crash (as in the head smacking against the plater). And all of those were 6 years old or older.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back