Sound Quality (Is it worth it?)
Sep 21, 2011 at 5:00 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 8

infestor

New Head-Fier
most of my collection is MP3 (160-320 kbps bitrate) and i would like to buy a PMP. at first i thought iPod classic was the one and only but then i read about COWON products which have better sound quality. but since my collection's quality is far from FLAC (or WAV), is it worth going for COWON (say, X7)? furthermore being more stupid and buying Shure SE115-K earphones, will it make a difference? or should i just buy an iPod classic with default earphones and be a happy camper?

Sep 22, 2011 at 9:27 PM Post #4 of 8
Get a classic with Shure se215s.

Sep 22, 2011 at 10:15 PM Post #5 of 8
... Or change your music collection to flac. I'm sure with a subscription (7-10 bucks a month) to a couple of file hosts (fileserve, rapidshare), and some methodical work with google, you could replace 90% of your collection within a month.  Lossless DOES make a difference.

Sep 22, 2011 at 10:32 PM Post #6 of 8

Quote:
... Or change your music collection to flac. I'm sure with a subscription (7-10 bucks a month) to a couple of file hosts (fileserve, rapidshare), and some methodical work with google, you could replace 90% of your collection within a month.  Lossless DOES make a difference.

Ya if you pay 100% attention and even then it is incredibly hard to tell.  Don't bother OP. Mp3 is fine.

Sep 23, 2011 at 1:08 AM Post #7 of 8

Quote:

I don't think you should be discussing such things here.

Sep 23, 2011 at 3:36 AM Post #8 of 8

Quote:
... Or change your music collection to flac. I'm sure with a subscription (7-10 bucks a month) to a couple of file hosts (fileserve, rapidshare), and some methodical work with google, you could replace 90% of your collection within a month.  Lossless DOES make a difference.

​

my friend really the thinks the ear/headphones are the weakest link so he has creative zen stone plus (his archive is mp3) and  shure se-425.  weird combo but he is content.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back