Sound quality + features Help
Jun 4, 2013 at 1:55 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

jenriquenunez

Head-Fier
Hey Head fi, i been looking for a nice looking headphone in the price range of  $200-300, i need good sound quality but some cool features, im between monster inspiration because the interchangeable headbands and the v moda m100 because the interchangeable shields, this will be mainl portable headphone for fast song dub step, r&b and many more.

Any help is really appreciated thanks!

Jun 5, 2013 at 9:26 PM Post #2 of 9
Hi jenriquenunez,

Just checking, but this is mainly a feature and fashion thing right?  In other words, it doesn't matter how good the sound quality is... if it doesn't look cool then you're probably not interested right?

Jun 5, 2013 at 10:14 PM Post #3 of 9
Yes thats basically what it is. because im always outside and need some good looking headphones with good sound quality, im a beats hater like everyone so im between this two. Tons of review claim that the inspiration actually sound very good with every genre and the v moda is more in the high end at 300

Jun 5, 2013 at 11:37 PM Post #5 of 9
I would honestly suggest the M-100.  The inspiration isn't as cool as one might think because the headband isn't the most visible thing.  So unless everyone you chill with is like a foot taller than you, they're probably not going to see much of it.  Plus, the M-100 has a tougher build so it's more durable.

Jun 6, 2013 at 9:09 AM Post #6 of 9
I would honestly suggest the M-100.  The inspiration isn't as cool as one might think because the headband isn't the most visible thing.  So unless everyone you chill with is like a foot taller than you, they're probably not going to see much of it.  Plus, the M-100 has a tougher build so it's more durable.
is it worth the 100 bucks more?

Jun 6, 2013 at 12:16 PM Post #7 of 9
Quote:
Quote:

is it worth the 100 bucks more?

I haven't heard the Inspiration yet, but I have friends who have owned it.  From their impressions, I am not at all excited about the sound quality.  So if it were me, I would say yes the M-100 is worth the $100 more.

Keep in mind that that the initial looks wear off pretty fast.  It's like a new pair of sneakers, the first week is cool.  After that, no one really cares.  And then, all that remains is the sound quality... which is something that you (and no one else) will have to live with.

Jun 7, 2013 at 12:08 AM Post #9 of 9
Yeas, I understand, and I agree with that.  I personally do not like ANC at all.  I can understand it's necessity on occasion, but I think that it should be a separate function from audio reproduction.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back