Sound problems with Logitech Z-5500
Oct 3, 2023 at 9:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

RoxF

New Head-Fier
Hi all!

I'm facing some issues with the sound of the Logitech Z-5500 and I would like some help to track down the problem and see if it's my desktop the culprit or it's the Logitech.

After a few years hidden in the dark, I decided to give to this system life again, but now it is making me dizzy with some problems.

1 - Connected the 3.5mm jack cables to it, after making the satellite connections to the subwoofer, the sound does not come from the central satellite also the sound is switched from the rear satellites (Sound from the right side coming out on the left side and vice versa).

2 - Thought it was a problem with the Creative sound card driver (Sound Blaster Zx) so I uninstalled all the drivers (I believe cleaned them all) and reinstalled them again, but without success.

3 - Tried to modify the Speaker Property settings - Default Format (changing from 24 bit to 16 bit) and things got worse. Sound only comes out from one satellite (Front right).

4 - I used the optical cable to see if I'll face the same weird issues, but to my surprise all the satellites worked flawlessly. The only thing I need to ensure was to change the Encoder on the Sound Blaster Command software to Dobby Audio or DST. With No Encoder selected they don't work.

Now comes the question. Is it a problem with my Rig or the speakers?

Thanks in advance.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back