sound problem with san andreas and EMU 0404
Aug 7, 2005 at 10:39 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

Slim_Shady

New Head-Fier
Got my replaced EMU 0404 couple of weeks ago (for the one broken couple of months ago) and after a lot of time blew off solving driver mismatch problems, and cable impedance mismatch, and a lot of emails to EMU technical support, finally got it all working after way to much time with a AC97 OB all this to find out that GTA San Andreas will not work with sound.
Every thing is configured just fine- I've removed all previous audio drivers of the OB sound card, disabled it in BIOS, reinstalled the 0404 drivers, and even reinstalled the game but still it won't work.
Only thing that will give sound is the short video clip at the start of the game (before the menu shows up).

I've searched the forum but it seems that I'm the only one with that problem, any idea what it might be?

Aug 8, 2005 at 5:15 AM Post #2 of 6
i also had a problem with san andreas and my emu 0404. i had to use another soundcard for the game. the problem was no sound during the videos and then in the game i would have sound for a few seconds then it would blue screen and i had to restart my computer.

Aug 10, 2005 at 2:12 PM Post #5 of 6
If you really want an answer, I'd try posting in the SA and 0404 forums. There just might not be many people here with an 0404 and SA. I usually just use my Audigy 2 for games, but I do own the 0404 as well as SA. Maybe I'll try to play SA with the 0404 and see what happens...

Aug 11, 2005 at 1:26 AM Post #6 of 6
I had the same problem, only I was using the Emu 1212m. I read some forum (forgot which one) about this, and actually this is happening to quite a lot of people, who have non-mainstream audio cards.

Apparently the problem is in incompatabilty of directx for the game, which is awaiting a patch most probably. The fix before any patches come out, is to open dxdiag in run command, go to the sound tab, and shift the slider in "DirectX Features" to the left, i.e. until it shows "No acceleration". Also make sure you have the latest Directx, 9.0c.

Hope it helped!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back