Sound powercables and mixing cables in setup.
Dec 30, 2023 at 2:04 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Roybenz

500+ Head-Fier
I’ve been testing power cables for the last 3 weeks, and have a hard time choosing what to end up with. I use susvara, Pontus II dac and moon 430ha amp.

Chord signature aray (this one makes the sound wider with high resolution, most details and has the deepest bass)

Wireworld Electra 7 (this one makes the top end little rounded off, and a little smoother, slightly smaller stage)

Oyaide tunami gpx v2 (this one makes the sound more mid bass / mid focused and has a smaller stage and not as detailed as the Chord signature.)

I use one for dac and one for amp. Also have a power filter box and consider placing one from wall to it. (Don’t have cable to try with power filter)

When I use the wireworld Electra 7 (copper) on the amp and chord signature on the dac the sound gets slightly rounded and not as high resolution but tiny bit smoother as when I use Chord on both dac and amp, the sound gets more detailed and tiny bit wider.

I do think the Oyaide is too thic and lacks the soundstage and details I get from the Chord Signature.

Should I use the same cable for amp and dac? Or wireworld on amp and chord on dac? Anyone else using different powercables in same setup?

What do you think will happen if I put the Oyaide from wall to power filter box? The Oyaide is smoother with more mid bass focus but doesn’t go as low in bass and doesn’t have as big stage as the chord signature aray. Would putting this cable from wall to powerfilterbox dominate the sound in the setup or would I get a mix of the different sounds from the other cables as well?

Jan 12, 2024 at 9:29 PM Post #2 of 2
I’ve been testing power cables for the last 3 weeks, and have a hard time choosing what to end up with. I use susvara, Pontus II dac and moon 430ha amp.

Chord signature aray (this one makes the sound wider with high resolution, most details and has the deepest bass)

Wireworld Electra 7 (this one makes the top end little rounded off, and a little smoother, slightly smaller stage)

Oyaide tunami gpx v2 (this one makes the sound more mid bass / mid focused and has a smaller stage and not as detailed as the Chord signature.)

I use one for dac and one for amp. Also have a power filter box and consider placing one from wall to it. (Don’t have cable to try with power filter)

When I use the wireworld Electra 7 (copper) on the amp and chord signature on the dac the sound gets slightly rounded and not as high resolution but tiny bit smoother as when I use Chord on both dac and amp, the sound gets more detailed and tiny bit wider.

I do think the Oyaide is too thic and lacks the soundstage and details I get from the Chord Signature.

Should I use the same cable for amp and dac? Or wireworld on amp and chord on dac? Anyone else using different powercables in same setup?

What do you think will happen if I put the Oyaide from wall to power filter box? The Oyaide is smoother with more mid bass focus but doesn’t go as low in bass and doesn’t have as big stage as the chord signature aray. Would putting this cable from wall to powerfilterbox dominate the sound in the setup or would I get a mix of the different sounds from the other cables as well?
My experience has been that I get the best results when every power cable is the same. This has been the case with Akiko HD Flex, Cardas Clear M, Isotek Premier and Elite, and now Nordost Heimdall 2. Any time I’ve tried mix and match it’s ended up just a bit unsettled sounding compared to everything from one manufacturer.

Further to that, my system has sounded its best when that one brand, one model approach has gone through my entire chain. I’ve done that with Cardas Clear and Nordost Heimdall 2, and both times I’ve heard the best “balance of virtues”. All singing from the same hymn sheet, as it were. The Cardas deeply rich and warm with great punch and dynamics, the Nordost with great leading edge, resolution, staging and evenness top to bottom.
One other loom of note was power and power conditioning from Akiko, analogue cables from Aurealis and digital from AudioQuest. Very r joy able, but not as coherent as either of the full looms.
So, we’re it me (and it’s just my take) I’d be going full Chord Co because I know they can provide everything. Or full Oyaide if they can. Does either do a headphone cable? That was one of the deciding factors for me in going with Clear and Heimdall 2 - matching headphone cables.
Good luck!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back