Sound only on one channel
Mar 19, 2010 at 1:43 PM Post #16 of 16
Hey Dorkvader,

Thanks. I must admit that since I was rebuilding the circuit from a previous amp thought to be completed (had blown a channel in my opamp) I had the case available. Or I'm just that good :p Haha, just kidding. The helping hands really is a great tool. I got it for a few dollars off of amazon personally. It was so cheap the shipping cost more. A vice is another great alternative I have seen out there. As for total time? Well there were over 500 images and the images were taken every 30 seconds. So I'd approximate 4.5-5hrs. I had some practice at this point as this was my 2nd amp, but 2nd try on the second amp. Plus I didn't have to the fashion the case as you saw I had done it previously. Unfortunately this being my first shot at an interval timer setup I realized a little into the game (plus distracted by a hot soldering iron) that if you want something to show up for a longer time you need to have a few images taken of the same or similar step. I used a startrail program called startrails to assemble the images real easily. You can see the program at Jarred Sutton Photography if your curious. I thought people might enjoy it and as a thanks for peoples help. I'm hoping to build a more complicated headphone amp i the coming months/year. All the best

P.s. when using the amp you may have noticed I used a business card and half a business card with the alligator clip to hold or push parts further through. This helps when I wanted resistors or other components real close to the board and not hanging further out where gravity wanted them to be. Saw that tip on a guys youtube video

Users who are viewing this thread

Back