sound only comes out of one headphone
Nov 19, 2005 at 1:14 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

CAMiasm

New Head-Fier
I have AKG K 240 Monitors. My dad bought them rougly ~25 years ago, so this pair might be different from the newer models.

I use plug them into my crappy three year-old soundblaster live socket on my PC. i go to listen to something today and suddenly the left headphone produces no sound. i tried them on a few different things with and without the adapter. i'm pretty sure that this isn't because they're old. i have no idea why this happened.

anyone have any ideas as to why this may have happened?

PS: these are my dad's headphones and he doesn't know that they're broken, please help!

Nov 19, 2005 at 2:55 AM Post #2 of 4
please help me!

i'm going to be in so much trouble if i don't get these fixed.

i've searched all over this forum and the web.

someone please help me.

pleasepleasepleasepleaseplease

Nov 19, 2005 at 11:02 AM Post #3 of 4
Have you checked for cable intermittency? If there's nothing detectable there, check the impedance of both channels with a multimeter (ohmmeter) or such (better not a classic continuity tester as the beep may come from the headphones instead...). If one channel measures a lot higher than ~600 ohms, then a solder joint on the cable to the driver may have failed, or the driver itself is blown (not as likely, but possible).

Nov 19, 2005 at 11:09 AM Post #4 of 4
Interestingly enough, my AKG K240S have been having the exact same problem for a while now. But I have still yet to take them for a fix.

For mine, sound comes back to my right ear cup when I put the cable plug on the left cup in a certain angle, but when I let go the sound dyes again.

So I know mine is only a cable failure. I hope yours is as well.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back