sound not coming out from HD555
Jan 3, 2005 at 5:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

xing3ds

100+ Head-Fier
I accidentally dropped my hd555 from 0.8 meter height for 3 times in 2 days....
for the first 2 times, the cans still works.... left and right sound..
but until the third times i dropped it again... It lost its right sound!!!!! arghhhhhhhh..... the left sound seems to be fine...

what should i do with it?

ATM, i can't bring the cans back to the shop, where i bought it, and can only go back to that shop until march.
I can't wait that long..!!!

is there any warranty for these? is it fixable?

HELP!!!!

Many thanks

Jan 3, 2005 at 5:26 AM Post #3 of 9
less than 150 hours...including 100h burn in (1 months). this is my very first "good" headphone!

arghhh......
how bout if I just say to the guy... its suddenly doesnt sound?

do u think it can be fix by a audio technician.. or someone like that?

Jan 3, 2005 at 5:30 AM Post #4 of 9
I apologize for asking this, but I have to. (a) Did you plug the headphone in the jack all the way? And (b) if "a" is no applicable, when the plug is in the jack, if you wiggle it (the plug) or bend the cord a certain way, is there sound in both channels sometimes?

Jan 3, 2005 at 6:17 AM Post #5 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by xing3ds
I accidentally dropped my hd555 from 0.8 meter height for 3 times in 2 days....
for the first 2 times, the cans still works.... left and right sound..
but until the third times i dropped it again... It lost its right sound!!!!! arghhhhhhhh..... the left sound seems to be fine...

what should i do with it?

ATM, i can't bring the cans back to the shop, where i bought it, and can only go back to that shop until march.
I can't wait that long..!!!

is there any warranty for these? is it fixable?

HELP!!!!

Many thanks

Open it up and check if something is loose or out of place. maybe the cable got unplugged some how?

Next time, try to keep your self from headbanging while the headphones are still positioned on your head
wink.gif

Jan 3, 2005 at 6:46 AM Post #6 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Kirosia
I apologize for asking this, but I have to. (a) Did you plug the headphone in the jack all the way? And (b) if "a" is no applicable, when the plug is in the jack, if you wiggle it (the plug) or bend the cord a certain way, is there sound in both channels sometimes?

yep, I have tried both A n B way... and still no sound coming out from the right one.
frown.gif

I have also tried the cans using other source, and etc. etc.... same result... no sound!

many thanks.

Jan 3, 2005 at 6:51 AM Post #7 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by zool
Open it up and check if something is loose or out of place. maybe the cable got unplugged some how?

Next time, try to keep your self from headbanging while the headphones are still positioned on your head
wink.gif

LOL...

I've been thinking to open it up.. but I'm afraid that i will mess it up... and probably lose its warranty..

thanks.

Jan 3, 2005 at 7:56 AM Post #9 of 9
Quote:

Originally Posted by Langrath
Try warranty. It could be a warranting thing, that one cable has a bad soldering e.g.

Georg

I Hope so.

but the thing is that i cant wait for 2 months until I get that cans for warranty. grrr....

I'm just hoping if there is anything i can do... to fix it.. without waiting for 2 months for the warranty(if possible)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back