Sound Magic E30 recabling, possible?
May 11, 2013 at 3:28 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

gunnertown

New Head-Fier
I miss my E30 coz the left earpiece is almost dead. I found that there is loose contact coz of which I can't hear the sound. This is out of warranty and I wanted to figure out if some one else has faced this issue and has a DIY.
Would appreciate some help here.

May 11, 2013 at 3:48 AM Post #2 of 4
Quote:
I miss my E30 coz the left earpiece is almost dead. I found that there is loose contact coz of which I can't hear the sound. This is out of warranty and I wanted to figure out if some one else has faced this issue and has a DIY.
Would appreciate some help here.

Yes, recable for E30 is possible. (sorry for crappy picture)

May 11, 2013 at 4:07 AM Post #3 of 4
Update:

I was suggested by Mattmatt the following steps
"First, remove the outside covering. You can do this by using a thin material like cutter through the seem between the black plastic and the silver/chrome plated plastic, I cut the strain relief and drilled the remains inside for the reason it's heavily glued in the socket. I inserted the cables a used, resolder it and there you go :) don't forget to put the cover back :wink:".

This worked for me and I am enjoying my E30 now. Hope this helps somebody who faced the same issue.

May 14, 2013 at 3:02 AM Post #4 of 4
Quote:
Update:

I was suggested by Mattmatt the following steps
"First, remove the outside covering. You can do this by using a thin material like cutter through the seem between the black plastic and the silver/chrome plated plastic, I cut the strain relief and drilled the remains inside for the reason it's heavily glued in the socket. I inserted the cables a used, resolder it and there you go
smily_headphones1.gif
don't forget to put the cover back
wink.gif
".

This worked for me and I am enjoying my E30 now. Hope this helps somebody who faced the same issue.

hahaha, never saw my typo in the message :) "I inserted the the cables I used" hahaha, Jhii. LOL The cable I used is new jhii :wink:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back