Sound isolation of V-Moda Vibe vs PX200
Feb 21, 2007 at 9:21 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

TonesH

New Head-Fier
Hi all,

After reading all the great info available on this forum, I have a question which I hope some of you might be able to help me with.

I currently have a pair of Sennheiser PX200 headphones, but I'm thinking it's time for an update. Now I'm seriously considering the V-Moda Vibes after seeing all the great reviews.

However I've read that the sound isolation of the Vibes isn't that great. I'll be using these on the bus predominantly, so this concerns me a little. But I'm wondering, how would it compare to my PX200s?

If it lets in even more noise than the PX200, then that could probably be a deal breaker for me.

Could someone enlighten me please? Thanks for any help...

Feb 21, 2007 at 5:20 PM Post #2 of 4
I did upgrade from PX200. The Vibes brocks the noise much better than the PX200 although it is not totally isolated. And the sound quality is also better than the PX200 as well. Just go for it!

Feb 22, 2007 at 12:47 AM Post #3 of 4
Great, thanks for that rayq.

Now since you upgraded to the Vibes, how would you describe the sound compared to the PX200?

I've had my PX200's for 3 years now, and while they were a significant upgrade from the stock iPod earphones, I find that they are a little bit 'lifeless' (if that's the correct terminology).

Feb 22, 2007 at 10:03 PM Post #4 of 4
Crisp high (non-fatigue), separation, and bass. These are all better than PX200. The bass in PX200 is stronger but muddy. Hope this can help.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back