Sound files
Apr 1, 2009 at 4:54 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

nkk

500+ Head-Fier
This is not onky about portable gear, but abut the file type. If it is in the wrong place, then feel free to move it.

I am looking at a Cowon S9 or D2. Most of my files are in AAC or Apple Lossless (previous iPod user). The Cowon plays neither of these types. Is there a way to convert them using free software that does not make the lossless become lossy? This is my only block to getting the Cowon, and if there is now way to do this, then I will have to rockbox an iPod.

Also, which do you suggest? I am leaning towards the S9, but am not sure. The D2 seems to have an inelegant interface for switching from onboard songs to memory card songs, but it has the memory expansion slot in the first place. On the other hand, the S9 has the slightly better sound. So, do you have any input that would sway me?

EDIT TO ADD: I also have a follow up question-what format should I convert to? I am ne wto this, and still do not know exactly what the best formats are. The D2 and S9 supports: MP3, WMA, OGG, FLAC, WAV, APE.

Thank you,
Nkk

Apr 1, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #2 of 2
download foobar,import to foobar, convert to FLAC. thats what i would do but i have never messed with apple lossless nor am i a pro at file types. s9 looks sweeeet.....amoled screen...come on.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back