Sound Comparison between AKG K 271MKII and JH5 pro Request
Dec 19, 2011 at 8:57 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Supplice

New Head-Fier
So, I recently decided to invest in a pair of custom IEM's for portable use because my 271MKIIs aren't really built for the job. I wouldn't have looked if the increased stress load caused by the crippling (they're not ruined or anything) of my M50s caused by my fall down a set of stairs with them. Anyhow, back on topic, seeing as my 271MKIIs can't take the abuse of going to town I want a pair of equally nice sounding headphones for when I'm not home and wanted to know what the JH5s sound like in comparison to my 271MKIIs. Now, it is important to know that I can't stand the feeling of on-ear headphones and earbuds bend my ear uncomfortably. Universal fit earphones also have difficulty staying in my ears; apparently, according to an audiologist, I have really, oddly, small ear canals. Also, given the tendency of full size headphones to break at a joint or just generally be too big, they were crossed off the list. To underline the matter, I'm not really looking for alternatives, just a sonic comparison.

If necessary, I listen to little (but still some occasionally) techno, a lot of jazz and classical music, some rock here and there and Tom Waits (simply because he is hard to genre classify). Simply put, bass isn't super important to me, though I still appreciate it, mids and highs are very important though.

Thank-you for any useful, friendly advice given.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back