Sound card's frequency response
Nov 12, 2016 at 3:09 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

Swansboy

New Head-Fier
Hi guys, I want to buy a Sound Blaster Z but Creative's website shows that the frequency response of the card is 100Hz to 20kHz My question is if I have a speaker set up (Swans M50W in my case) that can go down to 38Hz, will the sound card bottleneck the speakers? Or will the speaker system be still capable of reproducing the low end right down to 38Hz?

Sorry if this is a stupid question; I am pretty much a noob. Thanks for your help in advance. 

Nov 12, 2016 at 3:18 PM Post #2 of 7
  Hi guys, I want to buy a Sound Blaster Z but Creative's website shows that the frequency response of the card is 100Hz to 20kHz My question is if I have a speaker set up (Swans M50W in my case) that can go down to 38Hz, will the sound card bottleneck the speakers? Or will the speaker system be still capable of reproducing the low end right down to 38Hz?

Sorry if this is a stupid question; I am pretty much a noob. Thanks for your help in advance. 

Your soundcard will start to roll off frequencies below 100 hz. Yes, you will lose some of the very low frequencies that may or may not be present in the music material.

Nov 12, 2016 at 3:38 PM Post #4 of 7

Microphone
Microphone Type: Dual-array Noise Canceling Condenser
Beamforming: Yes
Frequency Response: 100Hz to 20kHz
Sensitivity: -37dB

That's for the included microphone, not the speaker output. They don't list the FR of the speaker output, but I can assure you it goes well below 38Hz.

Nov 12, 2016 at 3:48 PM Post #5 of 7
I doubt you can find a amp that doesn't do 20 to 20khz . That is the starting point for most all amps and anything audio from there it goes lower and higher.

Nov 12, 2016 at 3:53 PM Post #6 of 7
Yeah, I thought the amp might be good enough in terms of FR. Was concerned about the speaker output. Mindsmirror's response made me happy :) 

Nov 12, 2016 at 5:03 PM Post #7 of 7
You should be just fine. Enjoy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back