Sound card with my DAC.
Jan 10, 2010 at 8:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 7

stewiessexyparties

New Head-Fier
Hi. I am currently an owner of a paradisea 3 DAC and a EF-1 Hybrid amplifier. I was wanting to buy a sound card (Xonar essence STX) and was wondering, will I see much improvement in sound quality. Infact would the normal DAC provide superior quality? I was not sure whether to post this under the computer audio or here however i am hoping someone with experience would be able to lend some insight. Thankyou

Jan 10, 2010 at 3:12 PM Post #5 of 7
Are you talking about transport then so you could make use of the Paradisea's coaxial or optical input?

I actually tried comparing using straight USB and using Trends UD 10.1 USB/Coaxial adapter between a laptop and a Stello DA100/WooAudio WA6 to see whether I could discern between the various input options. I could barely tell any difference in the end.

I say there would be a difference if you use an internal soundcard as a transport but don't expect it to be massive.

Jan 11, 2010 at 11:13 AM Post #6 of 7
I guess your right. 2 DAC's isnt possible, I mean if you think about it it converts digital into analogue and if converted to an analog signal it cant be sent through another digital to analog converter as it is already analog. I feel like a fool ahaha.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back