Sound Card Upgrade help
Jun 13, 2010 at 2:19 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Fortgammon

100+ Head-Fier
I'm using a Sound Blaster Live! 24 Bit sound card, I assume it's a pretty low end card since it's like one of the cheapest card in the market. Just wondering what would be a decent upgrade. I would like a Line out to be used with my Mini3 rather than from the Headphone out of my 24 Bit

Jun 14, 2010 at 6:43 PM Post #3 of 5
Quote:
You might want to try out the kx drivers before giving up on the SB Live.
http://kxproject.lugosoft.com/

- Ed

I agree, but, failing this, I'd suggest looking into an external unit.  uDAC, Audinst, Gamma1, AlienDAC, etc.  Fed via USB, outputting line-level RCA, and sending that to your amp.

Jun 15, 2010 at 2:28 PM Post #4 of 5
I didn't do a very good job explaining.  Getting the kx driver to do its thing will give celan 24 bit coax output on that card (I believe),  which can then be fed into an external DAC if it accepts coax input.  If there's not digital out on that particular soundblaster, I'd just go with USB out to an external unit that accepts USB.

- Ed

Quote:
I agree, but, failing this, I'd suggest looking into an external unit.  uDAC, Audinst, Gamma1, AlienDAC, etc.  Fed via USB, outputting line-level RCA, and sending that to your amp.

Jun 15, 2010 at 2:35 PM Post #5 of 5

Quote:
I didn't do a very good job explaining.  Getting the kx driver to do its thing will give celan 24 bit coax output on that card (I believe),  which can then be fed into an external DAC if it accepts coax input.  If there's not digital out on that particular soundblaster, I'd just go with USB out to an external unit that accepts USB.

- Ed

KX drivers will not work.  The OP mentioned it is a SB Live 24 bit which is not a hardware base DSP card and is incompatible with the KX drivers.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back