sound card upgrade for hd 595
Dec 24, 2007 at 9:13 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

sorinnsann

New Head-Fier
Until now i have used the akg k66 with the integrated intel HD soundcard and the sound was good but i feel like i want more. So ... I will soon buy the sennheiser hd 595 headphones and i will buy a new sound card to get more from these.
I can spend up to 200$ on a soundcard if it is a real difference as i dont want to exchange it verry soon. I use it mostly for music playback.
Can you recommand a good sound card for max 200$ ... i've seen nice features on the x-fi xtreme music for headphones and that cristalyser but there are also some bad reviews so i need some oppinions
The most common and easy to get card around here are the x-fi series from creative, m-audio 2496 and 192 and emu 0404 but i can order others too.

I plan getting an amp too but after i have a good sound card and some money for it (thinkin' about a creek obh-21/21se).

Dec 26, 2007 at 9:44 PM Post #2 of 4
Well man I have the HD595's Paired up with the X-Fi Platinum... I never heard anything so crystal clear with little to no distortion with a big soundstage. Its stunningly amazing...might I add..COMFORTABLE!!!! I upgraded from the Grado SR60's.. My lord I'm in love with these..

Dec 27, 2007 at 3:24 PM Post #4 of 4
Thank you for advice i thought about an x-fi too.
But wouldn't I get a better sound from a emu 0404 usb ? What about connecting by the digital imput to my onboard soundcard. Would I get the benefit from both the integrated soundard and the emu soundcard ?
I am trying to find the best solution for this as i might want to upgrade if i feel the need and dont want to start over.
In the long run what would bring me most benefits ? a dedicated soundcard (like prelude or juli@) or the DAC/amp solution (emu 0404 usb)
Another question : emu 0404 is an integrated souncard, dac and headphone amp ... so does that soundcard perform as good as a dedicated one (considering only soundcard performance)?

Sorry if i dont make myself clear i dont have too much knowledge
smily_headphones1.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back