Sound Card to Receiver
Sep 18, 2010 at 7:59 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Snoox

New Head-Fier
Hey guys, I'm building a new setup for my room in the next few months.  What I want to do is connect my pc/ps3/cableTV all to a receiver so all my sources use just one set of speakers and one monitor to save some space.  Since I mainly game and watch movies on my pc, what I was going to do was get an Auzentech Bravura as my sound card and use an optical cable to connect it to my receiver.  I'm pretty new to this stuff so I was reading around and saw that if I use an optical connection the sound card will pass off all the sound processing to the receiver, is this true?  If I'm playing a game that uses EAX or something, will that just not work anymore?  I'll probably be using my old Onkyo SR605 receiver btw.  If this is true, whats the next best connection I can use that'll let my sound card do the processing.

One more question, I'll be using a 2.1 system, most likely the Swan D1080MkII08.  I'm not sure what subwoofer to get.  Right now I'm using a Klipsch promedia 2.1 system, and I really like the subwoofer it has.  I want something similar, something small as it'll be under my desk a foot away from me.  Any recommendations would be appreciated.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back