Sound Card to play both PC and Playstation (surround) Audio, Is it possible? Astro MixAmp?
Jan 21, 2014 at 2:03 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

sandrojpsantos

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone and first of all thank you all for the time you will be spending on this thread.

So I am building my new pc. And after days of searching. I am clueless about an audio solution for both pc and playstation since I game on both systems equally.

So, my doubts and options.

Some background: 
 - My motherboard will be the Asus ROG maximus VI Formula. It is told that it has great audio for an onboard solution and it even has a dedicated amp.
 - My headphones are the Beyerdynamic dt770 Pro 80ohm.
 - The Sound Card I am considering (if I must) is the soundblaster Z.
 - The mixamp I am considering (if I must) is the astro mixamp 2013.
 - I am aiming for both PS3 and PS4
Keep In mind I want a good price quality value but the cheapest the better (if you see what I mean).

On the internet I couldn't find good answers. The I deal was to get some sound card to get a great audio for pc and even could bypass the audio of the playstation through spdif in and so have the great surround sound, etc in console too. But I find it hard to understand if it is possible and if it is what sound card should I choose and if that work, if I will get surround sound.
And the other option was to get no sound card. Keep the onboard audio and then get an Astro mix amp. But that just doesn't seem right because I feel that I will be losing over the onboard audio and I fear the lack of juice to power my headphones on pc. As you see I am really confused so I will leave here my option right now.

First: Grab the motherboard plus a mixamp and share through PC and PS3/PS4
 Questions: Since the amp is in the motherboard, would I have the juice for the headphones at least on pc?

Second: Grab a soundcard with spdif in, for instance the soundblaster Z. Connect the PS3 audio there and use the PC as a decoder.
 Question: Is it possible?

Third: A Good capture card for the pc? lol

Waiting. Hope I had been clear enough. Feel free to make your suggestions. This is just a newbie talking.

Regards

Jan 22, 2014 at 9:23 AM Post #2 of 3
2nd is not gonna work out. There are a few solutions to your problem, though. Try asking in mad lust envy's gaming thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back