Sound card that amps for a stronger / tighter bass punch / impact on headphones?
Nov 12, 2015 at 10:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 4

Rydell

New Head-Fier
So many terms going around these days to describe a clean strong realistic bass. I'm hoping to skip grabbing an external amp for my PC gaming setup and simply go with a card that has it all. I've been doing some research but there isn't too much behind all the typical marketing in the PC gaming sector. I'm thinking of grabbing a pair of SZ2000's and a sound card to match. I'm trying to get as close as possible to the crack / explosions a good quality speaker setup can do. I know I may not be able to have that same experience, but I'm ok with close. I think the SZ2000's are the first step. I've heard the FiiO E11's were great at helping in this department. However, they are portable and I've been unable to find an equivalent for less than 250. Can anyone recommend what PC sound card might be a good substitute for this?

Nov 13, 2015 at 12:52 AM Post #2 of 4
To me the Creative Labs Sound Blaster Z sound card is really a good bang for the buck sound card.
Headphone surround sound, DAC, headphone amplifier, all built into one.

The newest revision of the E11, the FiiO A3 can be powered off a USB port or it's built in battery.
The A3 can be used with way more then just a computer.
The A3 is a better headphone amplifier, then the one built into the SB-Z.

Amplifiers really do not change the sound of a headphone, a good amplifier will bring out the headphones best.
So the sound quality you want is way more dependent on the headphones you buy, not so much the amplifier.

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:24 PM Post #3 of 4
I'll jump on the new A3 / E11K if it replicates bass in every way the E11 did or improved it. But I know these external audio amps aren't always created "better" with their newer versions. 

Nov 13, 2015 at 4:47 PM Post #4 of 4
  I'll jump on the new A3 / E11K if it replicates bass in every way the E11 did or improved it. But I know these external audio amps aren't always created "better" with their newer versions. 

So far have not read anything about the A3 (E11K) being anyway inferior to the older E11.
At a matter of fact, the A3 is more powerful then the older E11

With the E11, you could swap out the battery in a few seconds, the A3's battery is built in.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back