Sound card suggestion
Sep 11, 2010 at 7:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Sr. Oscuro

New Head-Fier
I'm looking for a soundcard for my new pc. 
I usually listen 192kpbs mp3 with Philips HP 910 (similar to HD 555) or koss ksc75 and if I make and upgrade I'll probably buy AD700, BD880,HD595 or Soundmagic PL50.
In the future I may buy bookshelf speakers.
It will be 50% games, 35% movies and 15% music.
I'm not very exigent but I want something better than the crappy integrated soundcard.
My budget is 50-120€ . I'll get the best quality/price or pay for the extra features if it are worth the price.

People recommended Auzentech's or Asus but there are a lot of models and I can't decide what to take.

Thanks

Sep 12, 2010 at 11:02 AM Post #2 of 3
I just purchased the Auzentech Forte. I will be using that as my gaming source and a seperate amp/dac for my music, but it is one of the best cards out there for gaming, and so far music sounds great too. So that's my suggestion. Search for some reviews on it, they are all great.

Sep 12, 2010 at 10:13 PM Post #3 of 3
[size=medium][size=medium]Based on your usage scenarios, I assume surround sound would be important for you because gaming and watching movies take you lots of time. I would therefore recommend you Xonar D1/DX, which is 7.1 soundcard with Dolby technologies such as DDL, Dolby Headphone, and Dolby Pro logic llx. These technologies embedded would be great for your movies and games enjoyment. For music, the 116bB SNR from D1/DX could provide the better sound with lower noise. Besides, DX comes with Low profile design& front panel header. (not sure whether D1 have these features, you can check it on ASUS website…^^”)[/size][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]If you want a one with more features from Xonar, maybe Xonar D2/DX2X would be a great choice for you. You can easily find some review posts for this models.[/size][/size]
[size=medium] [/size]
[size=medium][size=medium]Since I never use Auzentech before, I can’t make any suggestion for you. But I think it might also a great choice for you.[/size][/size]

Users who are viewing this thread

Back