Sound card suggestion
Sep 4, 2010 at 8:35 PM Post #16 of 20
FWIW, the sound card is well broken in along with the HD650's.  Why, I don't know but I'm checking out the likes of a Burson HA-160, dedicated headphone amp to power the 650's.  That point aside, after about a full thirty minutes of music coarsing through it's electronics and the ASUS STX has had a chance to warm up, I can't see why I'm checking out the HA-160 other than it's because of all that I read on this forum that makes one want something they don't need.

ph34r.gif

Sep 6, 2010 at 3:15 AM Post #19 of 20

Quote:
You must be kidding with me right?  NO

To say better or superior is exacly the same thing c´mon... (You wanna play semantic games is that it? i don´t get it...) If the card has more features that doesn´t make it better/superior? NO
Along with more expansion capabilities, ST also has a better clock circuit than STX so it would sound better PROVE IT. YOU ADMIT YOU DON'T EVEN HAVE THE CARD!. If you go to check on Asus website you can confirm that ST is "World's first Precision Clock Tuning for Revolutionary PC Hi-Fi audio"...

I don´t have one right now, SEE WHAT I MEAN but I have read to many opinions and reviews, from well reputeted websites (like Guru3D for example), and I even created a thread here, asking for some advices, because i´m going to get a sound card for me. And as you can see, i prefer ST over STX. THAT'S WHAT I WROTE BEFORE, IT'S YOUR PREFERENCE

Edit: Here you have a text trascription from Guru 3D´s review (for example):

[size=x-small][size=x-small]"The New ST's main feature is the new pin header which allows the card to connect to the H6 DAC expansion card which can currently be seen bundled with the HDAV 1.3 Deluxe.[/size][/size][size=x-small][size=x-small] THAT IS A FEATURE THAT APPEALS TO THE HT[/size] AUDIENCE, BUT DOESN'T MAKE IT BETTER/SUPERIOR TO ONE WHO ONLY DESIRES 2 CHANNEL STEREO, DON'T YOU READ MY POSTS?
[/size]
[size=x-small][size=x-small]With the addition of this pin header the new ST has more diverse repertoire of features and output audio options available to users.[/size][/size][size=x-small][size=x-small] FOR THOSE HT TYPES {Between the STX and the upcoming ST, the Xonar sound machine will become much more diverse for headphones users and high end speakers users alike.} THIS IS EXACTLY THE POINT I'M MAKING

[/size]
[/size]

[size=x-small][size=x-small][size=x-small]
imageview.php
[/size]
[/size]
[/size]

To comprove "Precision clock tunning" go to Asus web page (you can do that...). And if you still have doubts read some reviews.

I have no doubts. I read the reviews, and I bought the STX, and it is all I could ask for and more.
Ya know what X-FI? It is superior, and better than any sound card out there for my needs, IN MY HUMBLE OPINION!!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back