Sound Card settings, which KHz should I use, audio amps
Nov 12, 2012 at 5:56 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

merigoldsass

New Head-Fier
I use the HT Omega Claro Plus.  http://www.htomega.com/claroplus.html

I wanted to know when playing a game , listening to music, watching a video, watching a bluray, etc... how do I know which KHz setting to use? In my sound card settings software there is an option for Digital Audio 44.1 KHz , Digital Audio 48 KHz, Digital Audio 96 KHz, Digital Audio 192 KHz. I am currently using Sennheiser HD 598 headphones and just ordered AKG Q701 headphones to compare with.

Being that I have a high end audio card (at least I think it is) would I benefit from a headphone amp with the headphones I mentioned above. What would be a good affordable headphone amp (below $300 if possible)

Being that my sound card program controls all aspects of audio on my pc, is there anything I need to do with the Sound option in the Windows 7 control panel? thanks for any help.

Nov 12, 2012 at 6:22 PM Post #2 of 3
Quote:
I use the HT Omega Claro Plus.  http://www.htomega.com/claroplus.html

I wanted to know when playing a game , listening to music, watching a video, watching a Blu-ray, etc... how do I know which KHz setting to use? In my sound card settings software there is an option for Digital Audio 44.1 KHz , Digital Audio 48 KHz, Digital Audio 96 KHz, Digital Audio 192 KHz. I am currently using Sennheiser HD 598 headphones and just ordered AKG Q701 headphones to compare with.

Being that I have a high end audio card (at least I think it is) would I benefit from a headphone amp with the headphones I mentioned above. What would be a good affordable headphone amp (below $300 if possible)

Being that my sound card program controls all aspects of audio on my pc, is there anything I need to do with the Sound option in the Windows 7 control panel? thanks for any help.

The HD598 (50-Ohm) are fairly easy to drive, really does not need much of a "headphone amp", so your Claro Plus is it decent at driving the HD598.
Instead of looking at amplifiers right now, hold off as Creative Labs is comes out with a few new sound cards (Z series) between now and Christmas.
And the new sounds cards come with built in headphone amps.

For music 24-bit/44.1KHz or 24-bit/48KHZ.
I usually use 24-bit/96KHz for everything.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back