Sound Card or Headphone Issue?
Jun 17, 2013 at 11:47 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 1

Kaelin

New Head-Fier
I'm a bit at a loss. Just built a new system for my self ...Had a Auzentech X-Fi Prelude in the previous system which was fantastic, coupled with a Sennheiser HD555 with the foam removed. Audio quality was exceptional all the way around, music, movies, games....

For my new system I tossed in a Creative Sound Blaster ZXR...I was expecting a jump in fidelity or something. What I got surprised me in a negative way. Music sounds flat and lifeless in regards to bass, unlike my X-Fi card. Also, the bass in low levels seems to have been heightened and I get a bit of a hum that blocks out voices in movies. In terms of music, the bass just hits very flatly...There is no presence in the audio....I play it on my X-Fi...and it sounds fantastic.

Would this be a sound card issue? Defective card? Or a Headphone issue considering the ZXR is designed for higher tier headphones I guess?...I'm at a complete loss...Any advice/comments would help. Don't got much time left to return, so waying my options asap...Even considering buying new headphones since I've already had these for a few years...

Edit-   Almost forgot to add...If I turn on the Smart Volume in the ZXR Control panel...I can actually hear a lot better in movies for voices, but with it off....Voices in general are quite low if there is a lot going on the track...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back