Sound Card for HK Soundsticks 3
May 20, 2018 at 4:43 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Nimzabo

New Head-Fier
Hi, i have one of these sets for some time now and i think they are great, better than the Edifier M3280BT i had before.
I only use speakers and mostly for music, all kinds of music.

That said i first had a Xonar DG soundcard that had good sound quality but not as high as i wanted.
Then i bought a Creatve Z and i'm not sure about the compared sound quality but now the speakers play way louder than with the DG and they still sound very good.

Now i'm looking at some used cards deals.
I've seen two good deals: Asus Essence ST or Creative ZXR.
I'm leaning for the Asus because it is said to be better for music but i have some questions.

- First, why was that the Z had louder sound than the DG? Can that be seen in the specifications of the cards?
- Second, sould i expect to have more volume with ST or ZXR too, moving from the Creative Z i have now?
- Third, the ST has no 3,5 jack connection, the one that my Soundsticks use. It has RCA x2 or 6.3 for headphones and then i must use an adaptor. Where should i connect the Soundsticks?
- Finally, since i'm pleased with the current sound i have, would it be worth to change?

May 20, 2018 at 7:36 PM Post #2 of 2
I do not think it's worth replacing the SB-Z card, with the Essence ST or Creative SB-ZxR, just for your current speakers (HK Soundsticks 3)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back