Sound Card <--> AV Receiver problem (sound disappears for 1-2 secs)
Feb 9, 2011 at 1:53 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

naike

Head-Fier
Hey.
So, I have my Asus Xonar ST sound card connected to my AV receiver using a digital coaxial cable (it's very expensive).
My problem is that every 15-20 minutes, my sound will just disappear for 1-2 seconds randomly.
Since it even happens when I'm not at the computer I doubt it has anything to do with the cable or the connections, rather something hardware related.

Like I said, my sound card is the Xonar ST, using the digital coaxial out, 4m coaxial cable to my AV receiver's digital coaxial in.
I've tried 2 different (Tape and CD) channels on my receiver and both seem to have the same problem.
The problem doesn't occur when I'm using my headphones which are directly connected to my sound card's headphone out. (They bypass the receiver).

My receiver is a not-so-high-end http://www.eu.onkyo.com/products/HT-R330.htmlOnkyo HT-R330, I'm suspecting it's either my receiver or my sound card.
Both seem to work fine other than the digital connection, like listening to the radio or with my headphones.

What could be the issue? How can I troubleshoot to find out what's causing the problem?
P.S. When the sound disappears, my player (foobar 2000) is still playing music, same when playing games, the sound "should come", but simply isn't and there is no "click" sound coming from my sound card or speaker (like when switching channels or analog/digital).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back