Sound Blaster Z
Dec 14, 2013 at 9:44 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

Hawkman21

New Head-Fier
Not sure if anyone can help me, but I recently bought a creative Soundblaster Z, and the sound is extremely loud even on the lowest volume ( Highest I can go is around 20% before it becomes uncomfortably loud
basshead.gif
) . After doing some research I know that it is due to my headphones (ad700) being low impedance and the Z not having the option to switch between normal gain and high gain unlike the Zxr. That being said thought it is extremely annoying. Is there any way I can fix this 
confused_face(1).gif

Dec 14, 2013 at 9:59 PM Post #2 of 5
  Not sure if anyone can help me, but I recently bought a creative Soundblaster Z, and the sound is extremely loud even on the lowest volume ( Highest I can go is around 20% before it becomes uncomfortably loud
basshead.gif
) . After doing some research I know that it is due to my headphones (ad700) being low impedance and the Z not having the option to switch between normal gain and high gain unlike the Zxr. That being said thought it is extremely annoying. Is there any way I can fix this 
confused_face(1).gif

Sell off the 32-Ohm ATH-AD700s for headphones with a higher impedance?
AKG K612 Pro 120-Ohm headphones.

Dec 15, 2013 at 2:42 AM Post #4 of 5
  It might be problematic to get my ad700 sold atm..... Anything I can do involving the card itself, maybe a custom driver or something?

Personally I know of no way to "fix" the issue with the Sound Blaster Z.
I believe the situation is a hardware issue.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back