Sound blaster Z vs Audigy RX
Nov 22, 2014 at 1:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 9

Kenkou

New Head-Fier
Hello everyone, i come here to ask for these two audio cards, i will buy the sennheiser HD 558 for listen music and play FPS a lot, so i was thinking about the Sound blaster Z because its amp and the SBX pro Studio but recently searching in Amazon i found the Audigy RX at half the price and it have amp too, but instead of SBX pro Studio the Audigy rx have CMSS 3D, and everyone say that the CMSS 3D its the best for virtual surround in games so.. my question is what is better and why? why the Audigy rx is so cheap compared to Sound blaster z?

Nov 22, 2014 at 2:25 AM Post #2 of 9
  Hello everyone, i come here to ask for these two audio cards, i will buy the sennheiser HD 558 for listen music and play FPS a lot, so i was thinking about the Sound Blaster Z because its amp and the SBX pro Studio but recently searching in Amazon i found the Audigy RX at half the price and it have amp too, but instead of SBX pro Studio the Audigy rx have CMSS 3D, and everyone say that the CMSS 3D its the best for virtual surround in games so.. my question is what is better and why? why the Audigy rx is so cheap compared to Sound blaster z?

The Audigy RX is based on cards (and audio processors) designed 10 or 15 years ago (Audigy 4 & Audigy 2 ZS).
They just dusted off the old designs, added a headphone amplifier and updated the drivers to work with Win 8.

Nov 22, 2014 at 11:50 AM Post #4 of 9
  So the Sound Blaster Z worth the money against the Audigy RX?

In my personal opinion, the Z is worth the extra cash.

Nov 22, 2014 at 2:50 PM Post #5 of 9
  So the Sound Blaster Z worth the money against the audigy rx?

I think, not.
There on ixbt.com ( russian forums) is a big thread about that, also with graphics and so on, and reading all that ( about year ago, when i got to gathering information for decide audio card for my next home desktop) i got on audigy rx is supperior to Blaster ZX and so on.
Personally i prefer Gravis Ultrasound production ( and have a GUS PnP in my old computer), but as GAdvanced Gravis is passed away, sadly, there is no options.
Also from nowadays pretendents ASUS DX sound cards too not bad....

Nov 22, 2014 at 4:12 PM Post #6 of 9

I think, not.
There on ixbt.com ( russian forums) is a big thread about that, also with graphics and so on, and reading all that ( about year ago, when i got to gathering information for decide audio card for my next home desktop) i got on audigy rx is supperior to Blaster ZX and so on.
Personally i prefer Gravis Ultrasound production ( and have a GUS PnP in my old computer), but as GAdvanced Gravis is passed away, sadly, there is no options.
Also from nowadays pretendents ASUS DX sound cards too not bad....

But the ASUS DX dont have an amp, i need a soundcard with amp for future upgrade of headphones and using the virtual surround, hearing in youtube some examples of the DH of xonar cards i think is bad compared to SBX pro and CMSS 3D

Nov 23, 2014 at 2:22 AM Post #7 of 9
how way consumer PC soundcard can not have an amplifier? :-O
look yourself. I, after reading a lot of material, choice Rx - in my case important is sound quality, DSP, hardware WaveTables support ( for MIDI music), and support under Linux.
Rx is actually bit upgraded old, good Audigy - in my opinion, it is a good hardware.It also support ASIO 24/96, as i read. New Soundblasters, as i read not be very good - some of them do not even have hardware DSP, all have problems with drivers under windows, and so on. As so, i choose Rx, put it in my test PC on work, and do some testing - and it looks very ok for me. Now sits on its packaging, and wait when i built new home desktop :)
Maybe you have another important things on soundcard than me....

Jul 8, 2015 at 9:46 AM Post #8 of 9
Anyone else get an Audigy RX?  Both the Sound Blaster Z and the RX have "600 ohm" amps.  I know from reading that the ZXR has a good amp, the Z has a pretty good amp but plenty of people say it's not enough for 250-ohm Beyers, and now I wonder if the RX (and FX) uses the same amp the Z does.  

Jul 8, 2015 at 10:29 AM Post #9 of 9
  Anyone else get an Audigy RX?  Both the Sound Blaster Z and the RX have "600 ohm" amps.  I know from reading that the ZXR has a good amp, the Z has a pretty good amp but plenty of people say it's not enough for 250-ohm Beyers, and now I wonder if the RX (and FX) uses the same amp the Z does.  

The headphone amplifier built into the SB-Z can drive 250-Ohm Beyer headphones.
So far have not found any detailed info on the RX & FX headphone amp.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back