Sound Blaster x7 - PC Users
Dec 29, 2014 at 11:52 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 5

pathfindercod

New Head-Fier
I have been testing and using the x7 for a week or so now. Got ti in early Dec but just got the time to try it out really. I have played with the settings a lot and I am having a hard time with it, in BF4 specifically.  My onboard sound on my Asus Rampage IV Black is giving me better positional sound with my AKG 712 Pro's. 

The game is set to Hi-Fi. The setting in the x7 is headphones, I tried the direct mode. I tried scout mode and SBX mode and turning surround up to 69% :wink: I can barely hear foot steps even from my own team. But when I plug into the onboard sound I hear foot steps everywhere, directional foot steps etc.  It is not near as good with the x7.

Suggestions and what settings are you guys using?

Jan 4, 2015 at 5:21 AM Post #3 of 5
What are your experiences today?? Better or worse?

P.S. : I had the Soundblaster Z in my old rig but on my new rig there was no extra pci-slot to implement it, so I use the Asus Xonar "Echelon" in combination with the JDS labs O2+ODAC.
I can't seem to find the sweet spot on positional soundstage which I had with my Soundblaster Z, so I wonder if buying the X7 is worth the money, in my opinion it seems too much audio stuff for a gamer??
Or is there a cheaper alternative in the Creative USB range which is equally to the Z?

Feb 22, 2015 at 2:27 PM Post #4 of 5
  I have been testing and using the x7 for a week or so now. Got ti in early Dec but just got the time to try it out really. I have played with the settings a lot and I am having a hard time with it, in BF4 specifically.  My onboard sound on my Asus Rampage IV Black is giving me better positional sound with my AKG 712 Pro's. 

The game is set to Hi-Fi. The setting in the x7 is headphones, I tried the direct mode. I tried scout mode and SBX mode and turning surround up to 69% :wink: I can barely hear foot steps even from my own team. But when I plug into the onboard sound I hear foot steps everywhere, directional foot steps etc.  It is not near as good with the x7.

Suggestions and what settings are you guys using?

What are your experiences today?? Better or worse?

P.S. : I had the Soundblaster Z in my old rig but on my new rig there was no extra pci-slot to implement it, so I use the Asus Xonar "Echelon" in combination with the JDS labs O2+ODAC.
I can't seem to find the sweet spot on positional soundstage which I had with my Soundblaster Z, so I wonder if buying the X7 is worth the money, in my opinion it seems too much audio stuff for a gamer??
Or is there a cheaper alternative in the Creative USB range which is equally to the Z?

I just post a detail review of the Sound Blaster X7 if you guys interested:
http://www.head-fi.org/t/756102/creative-sound-blaster-x7-detail-review-impressions

But sorry, the review is more on the audio part, and not the gaming part.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back