Sound Blaster X-FI Titanium HD Headphone / Speaker problem.
Feb 3, 2011 at 2:13 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 6

eriktheg

100+ Head-Fier
So today I got my X-fi Titanium HD PCI-e x1 soundcard and installed the drivers and all of the programs that came with it.Then I hooked my front speakers up and my headphones to the rear... I can't seem to switch between the headphones and speakers but rather, I have to disconnect the headphones for the speakers to work. My device pannel doesn't recognize my headphones either. Even though I have headphones and speakers plugged in, it only detects speakers. Any suggestions?

Feb 4, 2011 at 8:55 AM Post #2 of 6
Its A known Problem.
dont worry,there nothing wrong with your card nor you software.
creative released new drivers a couple days ago which sadly dont fixed that problem but the sound is improved in my opnion.
if you cant find the drivers let me know and I'll help you with it.
you can connect only the speakers or the headphones but not both.

Feb 4, 2011 at 11:25 PM Post #3 of 6
I have the same card, and I was quite disappointed when i realized there was no good way of switching from speakers to headphones. I have a y-splitter coming out of the headphone jack going to my receiver and to my headphones. 
frown.gif

For now, when I don't want to listen on my stereo i just turn it off. Soon ill get some powered monitors and then I think ill need a better way of switching, because I don't think id like to reach behind my  monitors and turn them all multiple times a day.

Feb 5, 2011 at 12:55 AM Post #4 of 6
Wow I haven't noticed I got replied until just now.
Hey MrBassmicks, I read somewhere that you can switch between the 2 if you have digital monitors. Unfortunately I have analog.
And do you know by any chance if a y-splitter affects sound quality? I have a gold plated splitter that came with my speakers but Im afraid of using it because I keep thinking it may ruin sound quality?

And raymond? Are you the one i keep seeing on the creative forums?
biggrin.gif

Feb 5, 2011 at 10:52 AM Post #5 of 6
yes...:)

Feb 5, 2011 at 8:59 PM Post #6 of 6
I think the y-splitter does affect the sound quality. When I'm using my stereo I unplug my headphones and I can hear my speakers get slightly louder. So I think the output is weakened with a splitter.
I just took the splitter off and tomorrow i am going to get a longer RCA cable to plug into my stereo and have just my headphones in the line out of my sound card. Ill see how that works out.

EDIT: scratch that idea, it looks like sound will not come out of the RCA's while something is in the headphone jack. I wonder if Creative realizes that when this card is installed the headphone jack is at the back of the computer and therefore hard to get to. It would be nice if both outputs would work at the same time. I guess I have to keep using the splitter after all. 

PS I'm kinda mad that i paid so much money for this card. I'm very happy with the sound but I just want to be able to switch from headphones to loudspeakers without added equipment. Does anybody know if xonar cards are like this?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back