Sound Blaster Live 24 bit S/PDIF pinout?
Jul 16, 2006 at 4:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

star882

100+ Head-Fier
Has anyone figured out the complete pinout of the digital I/O port? I can get output by connecting a simple cable, but how do I get the S/PDIF input to work? I need to connect an AIW's S/PDIF output to the sound card to get audio for TV. (The AIW card does demux using onboard circuitry and I can't figure out how to force it to use software demux.)

Jul 16, 2006 at 5:05 PM Post #2 of 3
From The Live! 24-bit User's Guide:

Line In/Mic In/Digital I/O jack (DIGITAL_IO) Connects to analog devices like music synthesizers and other line-level sources.
Connects to an external microphone for voice input.
Connects to the Digital I/O Module (included with Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit Digital Audio or available separately with other models).

Also, see the pictures under "Connecting Related Peripherals" and the from the CT Knowledgebase.

jiitee

Jul 16, 2006 at 6:11 PM Post #3 of 3
Quote:

Originally Posted by jiiteepee
From The Live! 24-bit User's Guide:

Line In/Mic In/Digital I/O jack (DIGITAL_IO) Connects to analog devices like music synthesizers and other line-level sources.
Connects to an external microphone for voice input.
Connects to the Digital I/O Module (included with Sound Blaster Live! 24-bit Digital Audio or available separately with other models).

Also, see the pictures under "Connecting Related Peripherals" and the from the CT Knowledgebase.

jiitee

I don't have a digital I/O module, so I'm trying to find information on how to build one. I just need the pinout.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back