Sound Blaster Cinema
Sep 29, 2013 at 7:42 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

Flag

New Head-Fier
Hi, my on-board soundcard on my motherboard came with this software. I'm wondering what option I should be choosing in the settings here. http://i.imgur.com/olhPY3D.png I'm using headphones, specifically ATH-AD700s, so you would think I should choose the headphones options, but I've been using stereo option for a while. I just found out about this option, and I changed it to the headphones option and it kinda seemed like the sound volume decreased a little, which is why I'm confused on which option is "better."

Sep 30, 2013 at 10:25 AM Post #2 of 3
at the risk of stating the obvious,try them all,and which ever setting sounds best to you is the one you should use.

Sep 30, 2013 at 3:03 PM Post #3 of 3
  Hi, my on-board sound card on my motherboard came with this software. I'm wondering what option I should be choosing in the settings here. http://i.imgur.com/olhPY3D.png I'm using headphones, specifically ATH-AD700s, so you would think I should choose the headphones options, but I've been using stereo option for a while. I just found out about this option, and I changed it to the headphones option and it kinda seemed like the sound volume decreased a little, which is why I'm confused on which option is "better."

"Better" is whatever your ears like more.
If you list your motherboard make and model, it might be easier to understand your setup.
The picture shows the setting for how you want Sound Blaster Cinema to output the audio.
I would think "Headphone" setting would enable more audio signal processing, where as "Stereo" involves less audio signal processing.

I'm guessing there is another setting somewhere for audio channel input.
The input setting should have an impact on the audio.
So if your listening to music or watch a video that uses stereo audio, you want the input set for 2-channel.
If playing surround sound gaming or watching a DVD or Blu-ray movie, you would want the input set to 6-channel (5.1) or 8-channel (7.1).
Can't find a manual on Sound Blaster Cinema, so I'm just making my best guess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back