Sound Blaster AE-5 and low ohm (Question)
Aug 30, 2018 at 12:06 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

Milo1230

New Head-Fier
Sup All,

So I recently bought a Sound Blaster AE-5 for my new rig and I love it. I've also had some dope Audio Technica A900xs that I have been using. So my main question is. If my A900x's are 42 ohms. Do I have a chance of damaging burning out my headphones? The reason why I ask is because when I DID use the headphones with my new sound card, my left ear went completely out in my headphones a few weeks ago (though I've been using them since beginning of July). It started as a fading out in out etc. at first then completely went out a couple days ago.. I tried messing with the bit rate a little doing 32bit/48khz then 24bit and reading back up on these forums I see, 16bit/44.1 is the "proper" way to go.. Shi* I have no idea anymore, I just want these headphones and sound card yo.. I am I missing something here??! Why would Sound Blaster say 16-600ohm if that isn't the case is my question? Do I need Stronger cans'? I need some help y'all~ haha

Taken from Sound Blasters' Site:

Xamp Discrete Headphone Amplification
The Sound BlasterX AE-5 is the first sound card to feature Xamp, our custom-designed discrete headphone amplifier. Each audio channel is individually amplified, allowing the AE-5 to deliver a whole new level of pristine audio fidelity in an unaltered lossless model to each earcup regardless of demand. The ultra-low 1Ω output impedance drives 16-600Ω headphones perfectly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back