Sound Around The Sound-NEW DATE!!!!!!! BACK ON!!!
Sep 25, 2008 at 11:38 PM Post #31 of 70
smeggy, bring the twins PLEASE... you know those AKG 1000's? And those woodied MS-1s and the rest of the supporting cast please. Good to hear from you.

Oct 7, 2008 at 9:41 PM Post #33 of 70
Will there be anyone there who could help show me how to shorten a cable? I bought some 1/8" Neutrik plugs, but I am too scared to try. Choice of solder critical? How to identify wires? I've never done it before and just wanted some knowledge from someone who's done it before. Thanks in advance.

Oct 7, 2008 at 10:26 PM Post #34 of 70
i'll be there, and if you want I can take my soldering/repair kit to help you
smily_headphones1.gif
It really isn't that hard.

Oct 8, 2008 at 7:31 AM Post #36 of 70
Shoot me a pm within a week before the meet so I don't forget.
smily_headphones1.gif

Oct 8, 2008 at 9:51 AM Post #38 of 70
Quote:

Originally Posted by smeggy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I'll try to make this one.

If I do I'll have an odd assortment of gear on hand... very odd
biggrin.gif

sweet, Smegs! I hope you make it
atsmile.gif

Oct 9, 2008 at 12:29 AM Post #39 of 70
I'm in the middle of making some Senn Cables. Got some Kimber Kable. Waiting on some Silver Plated Copper to arrive. Have the Senn Pins and Furutech 1/4 plugs. Also have some nylon multifiliment braided sleeve. Should have some cables to play with at the meet.

Oct 9, 2008 at 8:27 AM Post #40 of 70
I love it when you call me big poppa!
Throw your hands in the aiya, if youse a true playa

Oct 13, 2008 at 11:28 PM Post #41 of 70
Unfortunately nether Brad or myself will be able to personally attend this meet
frown.gif

However We are sending the valvecode prototype that Brad demonstrated at the last meet, however upgrades have been done based upon the feedback we received from Local Seattle area Head-Fiers in addition to input from non Local members that were simply reading about the meet.

those of you that had the opportunity to hear the Previous prototype will notice>
(1) more gain to accommodate low sensitivity Headphones in fact all the gain you could want for low sensitivity Headphones, So members that have the AKG-K1000's should bring them by and see if there is enough gain for them, I am sure there would be however

(2)the Impedance selection knob has been expanded from 3 to 6 Posistions allowing a finer adjustment range to accommodate a wider range of Headphone Impedance.

(3) Additional circuit refinements like the addition of my Dyn-O-Bias Dynamically Biased output stage. this Hollow state implementation is done without the addition of additional active devices and thus the valvecode still is an all valve design with no solid state devices used anywhere in the Amplifier.

(4) the tube complement has been changed from the compaction sweep Tubes to the 8 pin Octal 6SN7GT and 6BL7GT thus allowing a wide assortment of 6SN7 and 6BL7 derivatives to be used in ether the Input of the output positions. the rectifier Tube is still the rugged 5U4GB or GZ34 with the 5AR4 as a sub.

Oct 19, 2008 at 7:05 PM Post #44 of 70
Noooo! I can't make it
frown.gif
I have work in Ballard until 3:30. By the time i get all my stuff together and bring it down there it'll be over. Damnit that makes me sad.

Oct 19, 2008 at 10:04 PM Post #45 of 70
You can hang out and do some after meet stuff. I live in Greenwood so you might want to call me when you get off work. We do some great after meet stuff. Pack your stuff the night before and put it in your car before you go to work and try to weasel a way to get out early. It can't hurt.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back