Sound around Sound impressions
Dec 1, 2008 at 2:45 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 27

BIG POPPA

Headphoneus Supremus
The meet was great. Had time to listen to some gear, catch up with Head-fiers, and just had a good time. A few of us went to Cactus for a cold one. Somebody took pictures so hopefully they will be up soon. More impressions later.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:00 AM Post #2 of 27
Jason took pictures, however i forget his head-fi name....I still feel really badly that I failed to reterminate his senns correctly. HOWEVER, I have to say that the crappy cable played a huge part in it. I'm used to the individual wires having their own insulation, not each signal sharing insulation with it's corresponding ground.

I DIGRESS. Lol.

It was great I got to hear an electrostatic for the first time. It was Jason's stax sr202 i believe. AWESOME sound i seriously just lost a lot of money because I know i'm gonna get some stats realllll quick.

The L3000 was beautiful as well. I definitely enjoyed that one amp as well...i forget what it's called. Valve?

Anyway, good time, great first meet. I suggest that next time we place signs outside (maybe even in advance) so that non-headfiers can come hear our gear too.

Dec 1, 2008 at 4:18 AM Post #3 of 27
seems like a nice meet.

really sad I couldn't make this.
frown.gif

Dec 1, 2008 at 5:22 PM Post #5 of 27
Some pictures and impressions would be great.
...and even some basic information about this meeting. Like when, where, what, who, ...

Dec 1, 2008 at 6:14 PM Post #6 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Some pictures and impressions would be great.
...and even some basic information about this meeting. Like when, where, what, who, ...

When: Sunday, Nov. 30th, 2008
Where: Kirkland Library, Kirkland, Wa (just outside Seattle)
What: Basic meet. No theme.

Another great meet. Sorry I had to bail before the after party. The highlight for me was the Stax, the Valve amp, and the Opus Dac.

I really like the Stax effortless sound. It sounded the most natural of all the headphones that were on the table including the Senn 650, AKG 701, Sony 5000. If I ever decided to get rid of my L3000, I'd get a Stax setup. I might have to move to the top of the line but the entry level Stax I heard had a lot to offer and not too expensive at all.

The Valve tube amp sounded amazing. I only spent 5 minutes or so with my L3000 and it just gave them more energy than I've ever heard. They sounded especially good paired with the Opus Dac. But even when I tried the L3000 out of the Little Dot tube amp and the Opus , they sounded great. Not nearly as powerful, but really enjoyable.

Dec 2, 2008 at 6:11 PM Post #7 of 27
we need to get those pics up!

Dec 3, 2008 at 2:42 AM Post #8 of 27
The valvecode really impressed me at this meet. I wasn't too blown away at the last meet, but it was really something special this time around. It completely transformed the K701s.
The D2000s were also a nice surprise, definitely a candidate for my upcoming closed headphone purchase (can't afford the L3000s!).

Dec 3, 2008 at 7:25 AM Post #10 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by dgbiker1 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The valvecode really impressed me at this meet. I wasn't too blown away at the last meet, but it was really something special this time around. It completely transformed the K701s.
The D2000s were also a nice surprise, definitely a candidate for my upcoming closed headphone purchase (can't afford the L3000s!).

Liked my denons eh?
biggrin.gif

Dec 3, 2008 at 4:17 PM Post #11 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by iamoneagain /img/forum/go_quote.gif
When: Sunday, Nov. 30th, 2008
Where: Kirkland Library, Kirkland, Wa (just outside Seattle)
What: Basic meet. No theme.

Thanks!
We sure could need some more impressions, and at least one (1) picture...
wink.gif

Dec 4, 2008 at 3:20 AM Post #12 of 27
Quote:

Originally Posted by krmathis /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Thanks!
We sure could need some more impressions, and at least one (1) picture...
wink.gif

x2
tongue.gif

Dec 20, 2008 at 7:08 AM Post #13 of 27
Yeah I got some pictures, I will post them in a bit. A little elementary at it. SORRY

Dec 20, 2008 at 10:30 AM Post #14 of 27
^ That's what we have been waiting for the last 3 weeks...
wink.gif

Users who are viewing this thread

Back