Sound Adaptation
Mar 28, 2012 at 8:02 AM Thread Starter Post #1 of 2

seunghoyoum

New Head-Fier
I have the HD598's and the TF10s. When I listen at home, I use the sennheisers. When outside, I use the Triple Fi's. However, I am having some sound problems. When I use one repetetively for a few days. I can feel the sound getting better. However, for example, if i use the TF at the day and listen to the 598's at night, it sounds bad. Is this because I am getting adapted to the sound? Or these two sound signatures different? Or is it just me?

Mar 28, 2012 at 8:08 AM Post #2 of 2
It's basically your brain needs to adjust itself when you move from one sound signature to the next. It's what this whole 'burn in' audiophoolery people go on about all the time is all about.

When I haven't listened to something in a long while it sounds completely foreign, but I usually adjust after like 30 minutes. People rage on about burn it when it's really their brain adjusting to the sound.

After listening to my DT880s for a few weeks, going back to my DT440s the sound is very upfront and feels like there is a bass emphasis, but now the DT440 sounds nice and open again after some time with it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back