Souls vs Beats vs Chambers
Mar 25, 2012 at 2:14 PM Post #32 of 238

Quote:
I don't  get why people buy mainstream fashion headphones for looks anyway, I have 2 friends that have beats and no one gives a crap about them, everytime I walk around with my grados I get asked about them everywhere I go. And doesn't the whole point of buying them for looks hit the pavement when a million other people have the same exact headphones you have? People are going too notice you if you are have something that looks different and unique, not something everyone and there unborn children have.

Well, part of standing out sometimes is being mainstream. Cue the cult of Abercrombie and Fitch. Cue the iPhone. Not bad products by any means, but not overly unique either, unless you consider the bloated price/performance ratio. I like that my $20 shorts I got at Marshall's look just as good, or better, than the $80 shorts they sell at Abercrombie. I like that my $20 refurbished Samsung Infuse Android phone outperforms the iPhone 4(but not the S) in nearly every way for 1/10th the cost. I like that my $200 V-80s look better, sound better and are 100 times more durable than any of the plasticky Beats, Soul, Sync or Chambers headphones.

However, I had to do tons of research, browsing, comparison shopping and review/forum reading to decide whether or not these things were worth my money. Moreso for the electronics than for the shorts. Some people just don't have that time, or tenacity, to wade through all that information to make an informed choice. Hence the popularity of the easy-to-use, heavily advertised iPhone. Hence the popularity of Beats as you can find demo stations for them everywhere.

coolio86 knows exactly what he wants. He wants cans for fashion with a small caveat that out of this limited pool, he also wants the best sounding one. We can bash the cans on his list or we can try to help him as best we can.

I still say the Chambers looks the most promising out of all of them, but are also the only one on your list I haven't actually heard.

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:26 PM Post #33 of 238

I agree, but it doesn't hurt trying to correct some false cosumerism right? well.. out of those three I've only heard Beats... I'd say avoid those because they have below average built quality... I have seen drivers poping out of the headphones on those quite often...
I prefer the vintage(240M), rugged(XB700), and elegant(Ultrasone) looks with my headphones...

Quote:
Well, part of standing out sometimes is being mainstream. Cue the cult of Abercrombie and Fitch. Cue the iPhone. Not bad products by any means, but not overly unique either, unless you consider the bloated price/performance ratio. I like that my $20 shorts I got at Marshall's look just as good, or better, than the $80 shorts they sell at Abercrombie. I like that my $20 refurbished Samsung Infuse Android phone outperforms the iPhone 4(but not the S) in nearly every way for 1/10th the cost. I like that my $200 V-80s look better, sound better and are 100 times more durable than any of the plasticky Beats, Soul, Sync or Chambers headphones.

However, I had to do tons of research, browsing, comparison shopping and review/forum reading to decide whether or not these things were worth my money. Moreso for the electronics than for the shorts. Some people just don't have that time, or tenacity, to wade through all that information to make an informed choice. Hence the popularity of the easy-to-use, heavily advertised iPhone. Hence the popularity of Beats as you can find demo stations for them everywhere.

coolio86 knows exactly what he wants. He wants cans for fashion with a small caveat that out of this limited pool, he also wants the best sounding one. We can bash the cans on his list or we can try to help him as best we can.

I still say the Chambers looks the most promising out of all of them, but are also the only one on your list I haven't actually heard.

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:00 PM Post #34 of 238
Spidernahn, I just checked out the v80s. Out of everyone else's recommended headphones not on my list, they are the only ones I think look fashionable. The white ones look nice man, with the black shield. Is there something similar to them that also have the LED lights that light up to the beat of the music like the chambers? If so, I'm practically sold. :D

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:13 PM Post #35 of 238
that sounds like a great way to destroy the battery life of a ipod, but if you really want that it should not be hard to mod that in but the v80/m80s are worth it over the chambers just because of the sound quality, there extreme durability,and the whole side plate thing is cool also. but the m80/v80 don't come in white are you talking about the lp2s?

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:19 PM Post #37 of 238
The white M-80s (which are exactly the same as the V-80s minus the True Blood branding and the red inner headband) have not been released yet. You can look into the V-Moda Crossfade LPs which have TONS of color options, but not the best sound. Currently they go from $100-$150 on Amazon depending on color. Or you can wait a few weeks until the white M-80s drop.

And as far as I know, the only headphone with lights on the earcup like that are the Chambers. It's not really a quality people look for in headphones here, you know? If you want fashion AND the best sound for your money then just wait a few weeks. Trust me, it'll be worth it.

Mar 25, 2012 at 3:23 PM Post #38 of 238

Quote:
that sounds like a great way to destroy the battery life of a ipod, but if you really want that it should not be hard to mod that in but the v80/m80s are worth it over the chambers just because of the sound quality, there extreme durability,and the whole side plate thing is cool also. but the m80/v80 don't come in white are you talking about the lp2s?

Actually, Val did have a white M-80 that never actually released but is promised to come soon. Just jump to minute 3:40 http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OCRo50UhLB4

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:25 PM Post #40 of 238
wow... i didn't know that V-MODA LP2 was in MI4 until I watched that video... fashion wise.. now I believe V-MODA just trumped all the "hype" headphones...

Mar 25, 2012 at 4:43 PM Post #41 of 238
Ok. Now it's just between v-moda and the souls. I'll see how detailed the v-moda's customizations are. The thing is I really like how the souls are one band connected to the speakers, not seperated by a metal holder that holds the cups seperately from the band. Are any v-moda headphones with that "amazing sound quality" available in the way I described? And customizable?

Mar 25, 2012 at 5:02 PM Post #42 of 238
um... no... extra stuff like those takes up space and creates interference... you won't be able to find flashy things like that on good headphones. why do you want it in one piece... souls makes better stuff than beats, but as I said before.. beats is below average.. and souls headphones are still made out of cheap plastic, meaning they can't take abuse...

Mar 25, 2012 at 5:16 PM Post #43 of 238
I checked out the v modas. I may one day down the line order a custom pair. For now I'm picking between the chambers by rza premium and the soul sl300s. If anyone can chime in for their experience with sound quality, I'd appreciate it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back