Souls vs Beats vs Chambers
Mar 25, 2012 at 1:55 AM Post #16 of 238
To be fair.. Monster does make good IEMs... namely the Turbines... and probably only the Turbines... 
anything that has a celebity behind is often bad...Q701 is an exception... but that was just AKG's attempt to revive their decade old model..

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:56 AM Post #17 of 238
For sure, I hear nothing but excellent things about Turbines. It's other celebrity lines they produce. 

Mar 25, 2012 at 2:08 AM Post #18 of 238
true ,the isolation should and is an advantages when you are in a noisy environment,although i noticed it not leak very much,and to be an open headphone with soundstage and bass reproduction noble of hi-fi level,better if with a good amp.anyway,one of these days i will hear them in those everyday old engine autobuses i take,to see how they leak and how do they play ACDC!
L3000.gif

salute
Listening to: therion-theli

Mar 25, 2012 at 8:51 AM Post #19 of 238
Wow guys. I'm very aware that there are other better sounding headphones like I said in my first post. None of you have answered my question yet. And I AM buying these headphones for mostly FASHION, I understand that. I just wanted to know out of the three specific ones I listed, which would be the best for the kind of music I said I listen to. AND NO, I don't care about anything else.

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:34 AM Post #21 of 238

Quote:
To be fair.. Monster does make good IEMs... namely the Turbines... and probably only the Turbines... 
anything that has a celebity behind is often bad...Q701 is an exception... but that was just AKG's attempt to revive their decade old model..

The Miles Davis are good too :), both the tributes and trumpets. 

Mar 25, 2012 at 9:36 AM Post #22 of 238

Quote:
Wow guys. I'm very aware that there are other better sounding headphones like I said in my first post. None of you have answered my question yet. And I AM buying these headphones for mostly FASHION, I understand that. I just wanted to know out of the three specific ones I listed, which would be the best for the kind of music I said I listen to. AND NO, I don't care about anything else.

Metalcore, screamo and Hard rock won't sound great with any of those... But if not the Studio looks the best. 

Mar 25, 2012 at 10:37 AM Post #25 of 238

I haven't listened to the chambers but souls vs beats go with soul I found their sound (sl150) better than any beats include solo studio pro. 
But if you really go with fashion only I don't think there is any reason not to go with v-moda m80 or lp2 if you are bass head but I prefer m80
custom shield, celebrity, more over the design suit your bill well 
take a look and decide for yourself 

Ps: You can also show off by the case and how durability they are by try to twist the headband 
Quote:

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:11 PM Post #26 of 238
Then what about the b&w p5? they sound really good, they are made for portable use, they are made from new zealand lamb skin leather,aluminium and stainless steel, they look great, and they come in black and white colors.

Mar 25, 2012 at 12:14 PM Post #27 of 238
but the beats are terrible, and the souls are barable but the vmoda m80s sound better than both and they look good. what about looking at other "fashion" headphones like the vmoda m80s or v80s, the sennheiser adidas hd25, the b&w p5 (my personal favorite) and there are probably a few I am forgetting 

[size=1.7em]  [/size]

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:08 PM Post #28 of 238
This guy likes the Chambers the best out of all the hip-hop cans. I like the more relaxed look of these than both the Beats, Souls and (super ugly, yet-to-be-mentioned) Sync. Add the bling factor of white LED lights on the earcups that move along to the beat of the music and I think we have our winner.

http://www.soundandvisionmag.com/blog/2012/03/21/review-wesc-chambers-rza-headphones

Seriously, though, get some V-Modas and spring for some custom plates. Here are what mine look like.

Mar 25, 2012 at 1:52 PM Post #30 of 238
I don't  get why people buy mainstream fashion headphones for looks anyway, I have 2 friends that have beats and no one gives a crap about them, everytime I walk around with my grados I get asked about them everywhere I go. And doesn't the whole point of buying them for looks hit the pavement when a million other people have the same exact headphones you have? People are going too notice you if you are have something that looks different and unique, not something everyone and there unborn children have.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back