SOTA Nova has been shipped, sleepless weekend predicted...
Nov 6, 2007 at 11:28 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 3

earwicker7

Headphoneus Supremus
I just got the tracking numbers; hopefully it will be here this weekend! Turns out SOTA had to redesign the armboard after putting on the Dynavector DV507 mk2 tonearm; turns out it was so heavy (3 pounds
eek.gif
) that it made it impossible to correctly balance the table. So they went back to the drawing board and completely revamped it. I've got to thank them for taking the extra time and care to make sure the table and arm work together; I can see lesser companies drilling a hole, slapping the arm on and shipping.

So after a few weeks of obsessively tweaking with my Wally Tools, I should have it up and running
biggrin.gif
. Hopefully that's an exaggeration... maybe just 40 hours of tweaking or so.

Nov 7, 2007 at 4:48 AM Post #2 of 3
Congrats, looks to be a enviable setup. Post some pics after you get it running. I am certainly intrigued by the Dynavector arm and would like to hear your view of it after you have everything run in.

Nov 7, 2007 at 6:03 PM Post #3 of 3
Will do... I too am drooling over the arm, it looks like it has the most precise cartridge alignment adjustments possible. That's the main reason I got it, I was sick of the sloppy adjustments on the VPI Scout's tonearm; it was a perfectionist's nightmare, one accidental bump and your whole alignment is shot and you have to start from scratch.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back