sorry...yet another "choose cans for me"
Feb 5, 2006 at 6:21 PM Thread Starter Post #1 of 12

ZMstephen21

Head-Fier
Big Features Needed
-decent sq (not amazing, but good none the less)
-comfort (big issue, dont wanna have pains after 30 min to and hour of listening
-good isolation (for use in car sometimes, noisy enviorments such as bus)

Any input will be great, trying to keep this under $100 but i can go over $20-$30 if nessacary
oh yeah, i really dont like leaky headphones but it is just a bonus if it doesnt leak
and I will be using these unamped with my ZM

do what you guys do best!

Feb 5, 2006 at 8:17 PM Post #2 of 12
First, what kind of music do you listen to? This doesn't really fit within your specs, but it is a great headphone nonetheless. The grado sr 60 is under your $100 limit. It has really good sq for the price. I don't really have a problem with comfort but some people complain about it. They also don't need an amp. They don't have any isolation and they will leak because they are open. They are suited more to rock music. If you want something closed, the sennheiser hd201 is probably a good fit. Very good comfort, great sound quality for the extremely low price and it is closed. It won't leak much if any sound, and it blocks out some sound but not much. If you rreally want to block out sounds, you should invest in a pair of iems. I don't have any experience with these, but from what I've read, a great starting point would be the etymonic er6i. Also, the shure e2c or e3c would be a good choice.

Feb 5, 2006 at 8:42 PM Post #3 of 12
Ah yes, i knew i had forgotten something
rolleyes.gif

I listen to a large amount of rock music, a little punck rock, decent amount of alternative, very little hip hop, and about 5% is a mix of other things. About iems, i do own shure e2cs, and they're great for portable, but im in the mood of buying some full size cans for multiple uses. Senn HD201 you say? I've heard the sq is not all that great, i think i hear somewhere that there is an HD202? is that noticeably better? does it have all the same features?

Feb 5, 2006 at 9:11 PM Post #4 of 12
I would also recommend the Sony V6's as a good fullsize/midsize can.

Feb 5, 2006 at 11:47 PM Post #7 of 12
Nope, the V600's are not the same as the recommended V6's

You can also go for the "studio verson" called the Sony 7506

Feb 6, 2006 at 12:14 AM Post #9 of 12
You might want to consider a used HD 25-1. Got mine for $120 on the For Sale/Trade Forum a few months ago and they've been my #1 portable for some time now.

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:14 AM Post #10 of 12
great stuff, can someone provide me links for the HD 25-1 and the v6's? ill try to look them up but it would be nice.....

Feb 6, 2006 at 3:23 AM Post #11 of 12
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72883

after reading the jist of that, i am almost taken by the 25's

now.....how will I tell my mom about these?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Also, i am trying to buy the HD 25-1s on the for sale/trade forum, but I'm not really hip on the transaction jargon

FS=for sale
WTB=?????
IC=?????
can i post a thread stating that i am looking for a certain item there?

Feb 6, 2006 at 4:17 AM Post #12 of 12
Quote:

Originally Posted by ZMstephen21
http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=72883

after reading the jist of that, i am almost taken by the 25's

now.....how will I tell my mom about these?
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif
eek.gif

Also, i am trying to buy the HD 25-1s on the for sale/trade forum, but I'm not really hip on the transaction jargon

FS=for sale
WTB=?????
IC=?????
can i post a thread stating that i am looking for a certain item there?

http://www6.head-fi.org/forums/showthread.php?t=161694

Had similar questions about forum lingo.

WTB: Wanted to buy
IC: Interest Check

Users who are viewing this thread

Back